aol

Trying to hook up with a relative in Iraq but can't establish connection
with aol.
His webcam works fine because he connects up with other people.
Is there something I am doing wrong. I can see my self internally but thats
it.
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    "me-ron" <ron2215@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Trying to hook up with a relative in Iraq but can't establish connection
    > with aol.
    > His webcam works fine because he connects up with other people.
    > Is there something I am doing wrong. I can see my self internally but
    > thats
    > it.

    Hmmm AOL <> Iraq... Not sure if that's a good thing :-)

    Anyway.. I think that AOL requests for internet are usually handled by an
    AOL proxy.
    (AOL user will get a different IP every 10 seconds or so..)

    Your relative's server in Iraq might not be able to handle this.

    Noël

    --
    http://webcam.kijk.info
    http://www.resize2mail.com

    Well I'm also on AOL and I have a webcam page (also AOL) but I'm having
    trouble streamling it. Apparently AOL's proprietary software may have
    something to do with it. I have tried to see if other AOL members have
    streamlining webcams on their AOL page(s) but so far I haven't found
    any.

    Rose
    http://members.aol.com/Roseb441702/webcam.htm
    My Webcam Page