remote desktop from XP pro to Win2k

Is it possible to setup such that one can remote desktop into Windows 2000
from Windows XP Pro?

Any links, points or suggestion on how to accomplish this would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
--RJ
5 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop win2k

    This article may help.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q233175

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "RJ" <jainraje@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to setup such that one can remote desktop into Windows 2000
    > from Windows XP Pro?
    >
    > Any links, points or suggestion on how to accomplish this would be greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Regards,
    > --RJ

    Unfortunately no. You need WinXP Pro as an RDP host,
    or Windows 2000/2003 server.

    Was able to come up with a work around by using 3rd party (ie non MS)
    software...RealVNC Server on Windows 2000 and RealVNC viewer on XP Pro. This
    combination provides the functionality I am looking for.

    Was hoping for a native Windows solution. Oh well...I should know better!

    Thanks,
    --RJ

    "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message

    > "RJ" <jainraje@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Is it possible to setup such that one can remote desktop into Windows
    2000
    > > from Windows XP Pro?
    > >
    > > Any links, points or suggestion on how to accomplish this would be
    greatly
    > > appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance!
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > --RJ
    > >

    > Unfortunately no. You need WinXP Pro as an RDP host,
    > or Windows 2000/2003 server.

    > Is it possible to setup such that one can remote desktop into Windows 2000
    > from Windows XP Pro?

    You could always try Remote Administrator. http://www.radmin.com/

    An excellent remote access tool which works across multiple versions of
    Windows.

    Excellent...I'll check it out. Thanks!

    "Daniel Hicks" <danjr@voyager.net> wrote in message

    > > Is it possible to setup such that one can remote desktop into Windows
    2000
    > > from Windows XP Pro?
    >
    > You could always try Remote Administrator. http://www.radmin.com/
    >
    > An excellent remote access tool which works across multiple versions of
    > Windows.

Remote Desktop Microsoft Windows XP Windows