remote desktop from XP pro to Win2k

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
May 8, 2005 2:33:47 AM

Is it possible to setup such that one can remote desktop into Windows 2000
from Windows XP Pro?

Any links, points or suggestion on how to accomplish this would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
--RJ
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 2:33:48 AM

This article may help.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q233175

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"RJ" wrote:
| Is it possible to setup such that one can remote desktop into Windows 2000
| from Windows XP Pro?
|
| Any links, points or suggestion on how to accomplish this would be greatly
| appreciated.
|
| Thanks in advance!
|
| Regards,
| --RJ

Anonymous
May 8, 2005 3:07:56 PM

"RJ" <jainraje@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to setup such that one can remote desktop into Windows 2000
> from Windows XP Pro?
>
> Any links, points or suggestion on how to accomplish this would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Regards,
> --RJ

Unfortunately no. You need WinXP Pro as an RDP host,
or Windows 2000/2003 server.
Related resources
May 8, 2005 3:07:57 PM

Was able to come up with a work around by using 3rd party (ie non MS)
software...RealVNC Server on Windows 2000 and RealVNC viewer on XP Pro. This
combination provides the functionality I am looking for.

Was hoping for a native Windows solution. Oh well...I should know better!

Thanks,
--RJ

"Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message

> "RJ" <jainraje@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to setup such that one can remote desktop into Windows
2000
> > from Windows XP Pro?
> >
> > Any links, points or suggestion on how to accomplish this would be
greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Regards,
> > --RJ
> >

> Unfortunately no. You need WinXP Pro as an RDP host,
> or Windows 2000/2003 server.

Anonymous
May 8, 2005 4:59:43 PM

> Is it possible to setup such that one can remote desktop into Windows 2000
> from Windows XP Pro?

You could always try Remote Administrator. http://www.radmin.com/

An excellent remote access tool which works across multiple versions of
Windows.
May 9, 2005 12:50:25 AM

Excellent...I'll check it out. Thanks!

!