How do I turn off the Windows Messenger for good.

Windows Messenger had not been a problem I would simply "exit" after a
reboot and never saw it until the next reboot. Now, ever since I had a
wireless network set up Messenger pops up all the time. I don't like that.
Please help.

Thank You
David
4 answers Last reply
More about turn windows messenger good

    You can uninstall Windows Messenger in the Control Panel/Add-Remove
    Programs/Add-Remove Windows Components.

    David Lawson wrote:
    > Windows Messenger had not been a problem I would simply "exit" after a
    > reboot and never saw it until the next reboot. Now, ever since I had a
    > wireless network set up Messenger pops up all the time. I don't like that.
    > Please help.

    Colin has told you how to uninstall Messenger. If you're getting a lot
    of pop ups from out on the net however that's also a sign that you've
    got poor security. You need to run a firewall with a network that other
    people have access to.

    Good luck....

    Bill

    Colin's solution will only remove the Windows Messenger icon from the
    desktop.

    To completely remove Windows Messenger,
    1) Exit from Windows Messenger
    2) Paste the command below into the "Start|Run..." box

    >RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

    (Don't include the caret when you copy the command above)

    Donald L McDaniel
    Please reply to the original thread
    and keep the conversation in order.

    If you want to to dsable, but not uninstall it, you can toggle it on ot off
    with Run/msmsgs

    --

    johnf

    > You can uninstall Windows Messenger in the Control Panel/Add-Remove
    > Programs/Add-Remove Windows Components.

    > "David Lawson" <davidlawson@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> Windows Messenger had not been a problem I would simply "exit" after a
    >> reboot and never saw it until the next reboot. Now, ever since I had a
    >> wireless network set up Messenger pops up all the time. I don't like
    >> that. Please help.
    >>
    >> Thank You
    >> David

Wireless Network Messenger Microsoft Windows XP