Search History.IE5 ??

Win2KproSP4
Start> Search> Files or Folders: can't find "History.IE5" system folder...
Other system folders such as Winnt\"Tasks" can be found o.k....

Willard

Willard <guess@msn.net> wrote:
> Win2KproSP4
> Start> Search> Files or Folders: can't find "History.IE5" system folder...
> Other system folders such as Winnt\"Tasks" can be found o.k....

History.IE5 is subordinate to History, which is dubordinate to Local
Settings. History has the System attribute set, and Search won't look
into system folders.

--
Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com
Columbus, Ohio

Gary Smith wrote:

>Willard <guess@msn.net> wrote:
>

>>Win2KproSP4
>>Start> Search> Files or Folders: can't find "History.IE5" system folder...
>>Other system folders such as Winnt\"Tasks" can be found o.k....
>>

>History.IE5 is subordinate to History, which is dubordinate to Local
>Settings. History has the System attribute set, and Search won't look
>into system folders.

The folder is located at:
C:\Documents&Settings\DefaultUser\LocalSettings\History\History.IE5\
with desktop.ini and index.dat files...Search finds index.dat (current date) but not the desktop.ini (old file) in the History.IE5 folder..

You won't find it. Just search Temporary Internet Folder.

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

Crouchie1998 wrote:

>You won't find it. Just search Temporary Internet Folder.
>
>Crouchie1998
>BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

Temporary Internet folder shows all files as cookies..
The folder is located at:
C:\Documents&Settings\DefaultUser\LocalSettings\History\History.IE5\
with desktop.ini and index.dat files...Search finds index.dat (current
date) but not the desktop.ini (old file) in the History.IE5 folder..

Its easy to find the folder in code, but its invisible to the current user

If you go in to the IE5 folder via another user then all you will find is 4
sub directories with cached copies of the Temporary Internet Files junk

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

Willard <guess@msn.net> wrote:
> Gary Smith wrote:
>>Willard <guess@msn.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Win2KproSP4
>>>Start> Search> Files or Folders: can't find "History.IE5" system folder...
>>>Other system folders such as Winnt\"Tasks" can be found o.k....
>>
>>History.IE5 is subordinate to History, which is dubordinate to Local
>>Settings. History has the System attribute set, and Search won't look
>>into system folders.

> The folder is located at:
> C:\Documents&Settings\DefaultUser\LocalSettings\History\History.IE5\
> with desktop.ini and index.dat files...Search finds index.dat (current
> date) but not the desktop.ini (old file) in the History.IE5 folder..

On my system, search won't find anything in History.IE5 because it won't
go past the system attribute on the History folder. That's the way search
works. What is it you're actually trying to do?