Do U know Password Of "Share Folder IPC$"?

I use Windows 2000. Do U know Password Of "Share Folder IPC$"? How to change
its password?

Thanks

The "password" is the password of the account allowed to access the drive.

Bpk. Adi Wira Kusuma wrote:

> I use Windows 2000. Do U know Password Of "Share Folder IPC$"? How to change
> its password?
>
> Thanks

unicorn

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2005

Since I know IPC$ isn't a folder share!! it's a default share in win2k for
authenticating old systems like win98 over network,
IPC = InterProcess Communication

Kind Regards,
Farzad Hayati.

"Bpk. Adi Wira Kusuma" <adi_wira_kusuma@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
> I use Windows 2000. Do U know Password Of "Share Folder IPC$"? How to
change
> its password?
>
> Thanks

This is a system level share and has no password per se. To access it, the
client system's system ID must be recognized by the server.

Mike Ober.

> The "password" is the password of the account allowed to access the drive.
>
> Bpk. Adi Wira Kusuma wrote:
>
> > I use Windows 2000. Do U know Password Of "Share Folder IPC$"? How to
change
> > its password?
> >
> > Thanks

thanks. I ask like it, because when I connect windows 2000 with Direct Cable
from windows 95, always show prompt password dialog.

Create same User/password on both PC's and then log on with that.