Hey guys I live in New Zealand ( Far off country near Australia)
I need to build a new computer from scratch (also need to buy a monitor)
1. I will most likely use the computer for about 1-3 years and i need it to be future proof
2.I will most likely be overclocking
3. The costs of shipping needs to be included(You can imagine shipping all the way to my home-_-)
4.It would be better if the costs were low =) ( Need to keep the costs down if possible
5. I do quite abit of gaming but do not need very good graphic cards
6. Would also like a case thats quite and looks nice
7. Oh yeah i dun need a sound card (already got one)
8.Needs to be able to be shipped to NZ(newzealand)(
9. Lastly would like if it had a tv tuner card with the graphics card (Like the All-in-wonder Card)
I've done some researching and came up with these parts
(some of them are new zealand shops so they have dif tax) (ALL PRICES INCLUDE TAX AND ARE IN NZ DOLLARS AND HAVE SHIPPING FEE)
CASE-Antec Nine Hundred Mid Tower CaseCPU- $140
PSU-Antec Neo HE 550w Power Supply-$100
GRAPHICS CARD- Not sure about which to get
HARDDRIVE-Western Digital Caviar 250GB SATA II 7200RPM 8mb Cache-$126
MOTHERBOARD-Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 Intel® P965 Express-$160
RAM-OCZ DDR2 1GB PC2-5400 SO-DIMM 200-PIN-$110
AND COULD ANY TELL ME WHAT REBATE IS? AND HOW YOU DO IT? AND IF IT IS VALID FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS?
Which E-tailer are you ordering the parts from? Im not exactly up to date on the prices of computer parts in new zealand, but i know theres a considerable mark up. Not knowing the prices i would say that you should get a 1950pro or a 1900gt, the all in one wonder cards are a rip off, you should get a seperate tuner.
Im not exactly sure if mail-in-reabate are good for non-us is residents.
I looked on pricespy.co.nz and chose a store called OC ZONE http://www.nzoczone.com for some parts and i'm getting the case,PSU, Motherboard and ram from a US Online Shop called FRYS http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4991611?site=sr:SEARCH... (because there the cheapest and ships internationally) And i forgot to tell you to find how much US items cost in Nz you have to change currency then times 12.5%(tax) and plus the 12.5% to the cost in NZ Dollar and then add shipping fee.