lost modem..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 10, 2005 6:41:05 AM

i went from Windows ME to Windows 2000 Professional. Everything fine until I
went to connect to internet and there no modem. I have a toshiba laptop with
V90 internal modem. Is there a website where i can download a drive for this
modem.. thanks for all your previous help in other issues... thanks again..

More about : lost modem

Anonymous
May 10, 2005 3:15:01 PM

Need more info than internal Toshiba modem. What model?

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 3:15:02 PM

laptop is a toshiba satelite 650 - 1200

hope thats of some help..

"Crouchie1998" wrote:

> Need more info than internal Toshiba modem. What model?
>
> Crouchie1998
> BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

May 10, 2005 5:07:07 PM

I have been searching for an hour & I cannot find any information regarding
your laptop. If I could get a product manual then I could get the exact
modem, and search on that.

I will spend another few hours searching for you

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 5:19:17 PM

The model number you supplied cannot be correct. The Satellite range are
P35-S611 or simular. Can you look again & get the correct model number & not
the speed of the processor?

I am awaiting your reply

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE
May 10, 2005 5:45:48 PM

Do I not recollect that there is no upgrade path ME -> Win2k, that being the
case would not a complete download of drivers be required from Toshiba site

"Crouchie1998" <crouchie1998@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> The model number you supplied cannot be correct. The Satellite range are
> P35-S611 or simular. Can you look again & get the correct model number &
not
> the speed of the processor?
>
> I am awaiting your reply
>
> Crouchie1998
> BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

Anonymous
May 10, 2005 6:26:05 PM

laptop model is S1700-200. hope thats of some help..

"DL" wrote:

> Do I not recollect that there is no upgrade path ME -> Win2k, that being the
> case would not a complete download of drivers be required from Toshiba site
>
> "Crouchie1998" <crouchie1998@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> > The model number you supplied cannot be correct. The Satellite range are
> > P35-S611 or simular. Can you look again & get the correct model number &
> not
> > the speed of the processor?
> >
> > I am awaiting your reply
> >
> > Crouchie1998
> > BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

May 11, 2005 5:26:34 AM

It does not help me, but you might want to visit Toshiba site and download
updates/drivers applicable to your model

"COSTELLO" <COSTELLO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> laptop model is S1700-200. hope thats of some help..
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
> > Do I not recollect that there is no upgrade path ME -> Win2k, that being
the
> > case would not a complete download of drivers be required from Toshiba
site

> > "Crouchie1998" <crouchie1998@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> > > The model number you supplied cannot be correct. The Satellite range
are
> > > P35-S611 or simular. Can you look again & get the correct model number
&
> > not
> > > the speed of the processor?
> > >
> > > I am awaiting your reply
> > >
> > > Crouchie1998
> > > BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

Anonymous
May 11, 2005 5:40:47 AM

On http://www.toshiba.com are 32 modem drivers for Windows 2000, but to get
the correct one you will need the model number of the modem, as your laptop
isn't listed now on their site

The type of number needed are:

vSM3189ALL0A
(10946) (vMI1982ALL03-RC2)

I am unable to give you direct links to the page as its a Java Server Page
(jsp) session

To get to these drivers:

1) Go to: http://www.toshiba.com/tai-new/
2) Select 'Notebook Pc's' under 'Computer Systems & Digital...' from the
'Quick Produck Links' (dropdown list)
3) The page will go to:
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/toshibanotebook.to
4) Click the 'Technical Support' link on the left.
5) Click the 'Downloads' link (download drivers, BIOS & other software for
your PC) on this page:
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_home.j...
6) You will now be on a session page, 'Technical Support Centre'. Scroll
down to the botton & click the reg 'GO' link under the red text 'Or, for all
models...' (left of the two at the bottom)
7) Choose Windows 2000 from the Operating system list. Choose 'Modem' from
the 'Filter by Catagory' list & click the 'Apply Filter' button

The first 25 of 32 drivers will be listed.

If you can let me know the model number of the V90 modem then I will try my
best to help you further.

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE
!