Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)
"SAM failed to write changes to the database. This is most likely due to a
memory or disk-space shortage. The SAM database will be restored to an
earlier state. Recent changes will be lost. Check the disk-space available
and maximum pagefile size setting. "
I have tried the following on the server with the problem:
- 13Gb free on C
- registry set to 900MB
- page file set to 2GB on C and 2GB on D
- dont need to defrag to trying anyway
- no updates to apply to 2000 server
- dont have netlogon.chg to delete as its not a DC
I can login to the DC ok. This machine has:
- 2Gb free on c
- 70 MB registry
- 768 for page file
- is not reporting any errors.
- defragging c now just in case.