Help with Search

Hi,
I had a virus detected in PC PIV 2.0Ghz WxpHome.
Norton AV detected and quarantined the file.But after doing that NAV did
not start up properly, so I uninstalled it and installed it back.
Ever since that, I can not use the search option from start menu
Start\search.I get a window open but no contents.

I can't make NAV go to work, and I wanted to search for all NAV*.* files so
I could delete them manually then reinstall NAV, but since "search" from
windows is not working, I'm stuck!

Any ideas?

PS.- I don't know if it has something to do withthe problem , but Iwas
uninstalling some unwanted programs and i removed one that was called "
Digital line detect".

Your help is greatly appreciated.

""search option not found"" <"search option not
found"@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I had a virus detected in PC PIV 2.0Ghz WxpHome.
>Norton AV detected and quarantined the file.But after doing that NAV did
>not start up properly, so I uninstalled it and installed it back.
>Ever since that, I can not use the search option from start menu
>Start\search.I get a window open but no contents.

If you do not get further help here: support for NAV is available from
www.symantec.com.

--
(tm)

Click Start/Run and type:

regsvr32 /i %Systemroot%\Srchasst\srchui.dll

If this does not help,

1. Log on to the computer by using an account with administrator permissions.
2. Click Start, click Run, type %systemroot%\inf, and then click OK.
3. Locate the Srchasst.inf file.
4. Right-click the Srchasst.inf file, and then click Install. This reinstalls the files that Search Companion uses.

BTW, don't uninstall NAV in the way you described.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

""search option not found"" <"search option not found"@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA664157-76D2-42E2-862B-D7FF5E638289@microsoft.com...
Hi,
I had a virus detected in PC PIV 2.0Ghz WxpHome.
Norton AV detected and quarantined the file.But after doing that NAV did
not start up properly, so I uninstalled it and installed it back.
Ever since that, I can not use the search option from start menu
Start\search.I get a window open but no contents.

I can't make NAV go to work, and I wanted to search for all NAV*.* files so
I could delete them manually then reinstall NAV, but since "search" from
windows is not working, I'm stuck!

Any ideas?

PS.- I don't know if it has something to do withthe problem , but Iwas
uninstalling some unwanted programs and i removed one that was called "
Digital line detect".

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

Why doesn't Search work?

HTH
Meena

"search option not found" <"search option not
found"@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I had a virus detected in PC PIV 2.0Ghz WxpHome.
> Norton AV detected and quarantined the file.But after doing that NAV did
> not start up properly, so I uninstalled it and installed it back.
> Ever since that, I can not use the search option from start menu
> Start\search.I get a window open but no contents.
>
> I can't make NAV go to work, and I wanted to search for all NAV*.* files
so
> I could delete them manually then reinstall NAV, but since "search" from
> windows is not working, I'm stuck!
>
> Any ideas?
>
> PS.- I don't know if it has something to do withthe problem , but Iwas
> uninstalling some unwanted programs and i removed one that was called "
> Digital line detect".
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS