Backup Windows Active Directory

I need to know what else to backup when you are backing up the windows 2000
active directory.
I am backup up system state and backup up c:\windows.
But after backup is done it tells some of the files could not be backed up
due to some files are in use. Is it necessary to backup C:Windows?
Sn

Sn wrote:
> I need to know what else to backup when you are backing up the windows 2000
> active directory.
> I am backup up system state and backup up c:\windows.
> But after backup is done it tells some of the files could not be backed up
> due to some files are in use. Is it necessary to backup C:Windows?
> Sn

Technically, no. If you back up System State you have all of the
information from the directory, but its not a bad idea to have as much
data as possible to facilitate the restore. I'd say you are fine if all
you need is the directory.

TRENDING THREADS