8800 GTX : Mad texture crawling

schoolboytim

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2006
nearly all games i play have tons of Texture Crawling (if you don't know what that is, it's that at distance, the edges of "things" start to "crawl" when in motion, and it looks jaggedy)

Didn't have this problem with my 6800 GT. But I'm also seeing this on my friends 7950gt.

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
i believe i know what you mean, although i really don't know why that beast of a card would be doing it. anyway, i thought that it had to do with your ram size... as textures are loaded into there 'n stuff, and they'd update or w/e as you got closer... thats always what i though. prolly wrong though. oh well. what is the rest of your system?

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
ooooh-hooooh never mind then. yeah. no ram issues there. i was thinking you may have like 256 megs of ram in the same system as your beastly 88... idk why tho. lol. err.... newest drivers and everything....? that usually helps.

djplanet

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
I would say screen resolution but you said it was fine on your 6800GT. Try downloading the latest Forceware drivers. NVM.

That's what happens when I take too long to post :roll: .

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
don't they have a rollback feature? where you can roll them back? i wouldn't know, i'm on ati, but w/e. good luck! sorry for doubting your uber system, heh!

JamieMole

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
well i darno, no mipmapping is what would cause "texture crawling". but then again im not even sure we're talking about the same thing :lol:

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
dooood this must be so frustrating for you, i'm really sorry. err..... games up to date? XP up to date? other graphics settings on high/where you like them?

....maybe the games you're playing just aren't designed to look as good as you want... idk.... i'm not really sure how 'bad' your crawling is but idk.

schoolboytim

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2006
well for instance im playing BF2142, the settings are maxed in game and in the control panel, but at distance things like poles and such look like theyre moving when Im moving. almost like being aliased but it only happens when the object is far away and in motion. Im using xpsp2 and everything that can be patched is patched.

anyone know where to get older forceware drivers

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
well for instance im playing BF2142, the settings are maxed in game and in the control panel, but at distance things like poles and such look like theyre moving when Im moving. almost like being aliased but it only happens when the object is far away and in motion. Im using xpsp2 and everything that can be patched is patched.

anyone know where to get older forceware drivers

rofl. well are you sure they aren't just too far away? or are they like abnormally close? i mean, that may just be what the game looks like maxed, idk. see what i'm saying.

as to the drivers, sorry, can't help you.

JamieMole

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
ahhhhhhhh..... damn dude. craploads of AA should have fixed any jagginess, and supersampling would get rid of the crappy "fence" like textures jaggies to. sooo ahhh ummm BUGGERS me. Make sure u have the advanced features showing in ur display properties and then be a rad dude and turn everything as high as it goes. screw da in game settings yo :lol: