Map a network drive

March 25, 2005 1:11:06 PM

Is it possible to map a network drive on a pocket PC?

JRD

More about : map network drive

Anonymous
March 25, 2005 3:10:02 PM

There is this a program called "Resco File Explorer". I can't get it to work
though (for maping a drive, all other functions work great).

I know it works for most people and I think my problem is just something I'm
doing wrong or perhaps how I'm trying to use it.

"Joe" <!!joe@integratedelectronics!!.com> wrote in message
news:o eqtMVVMFHA.2988@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Is it possible to map a network drive on a pocket PC?
>
> JRD

Anonymous
March 25, 2005 3:21:44 PM

"Joe" <!!joe@integratedelectronics!!.com> wrote in message
news:o eqtMVVMFHA.2988@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Is it possible to map a network drive on a pocket PC?
>
> JRD

You can map a drive through the included file explorer and access it through
that. However, to have it work really well use Resco File Explorer to map
the drive via the hand holding a share icon. Then using Resco Explorer go
to Options/AddIns and select Show Network "as Network folder under my
device". This will allow other programs to browse the network drives as
well. This is one way that the capabilities of the now playing list with
MP10 really shines, since you can reach out and cue up large network music
shares to play easily (same for beta player, etc). Not to mention any video
collections you can have sitting on other machines to watch, etc.

To note, even a trial version of Resco will allow you to map and share
drives in this manner ad infinitum, but the other features may make it a
worthwhile purchase if you like the layout, etc.
March 25, 2005 5:38:06 PM

>Is it possible to map a network drive on a pocket PC?

Is the reverse possible, doing something like this on the PC side:

NET USE X: \\myipaq

In other words, I'd like to use the PC to see my device as a drive
so I could use ZTree or some other file manger to
copy/move/rename/delete
files, like I do on dozens of file shares at work.

ActiveSync's Explore allows manipulating files on the device, but I
want
a drive letter on the PC and use generic tools, the command line,
scripts, etc.

Slo
March 25, 2005 6:43:01 PM

Great, I'll give it a look. Thanks for the suggestion!

"Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o Cf730VMFHA.1156@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> There is this a program called "Resco File Explorer". I can't get it to
> work though (for maping a drive, all other functions work great).
>
> I know it works for most people and I think my problem is just something
> I'm doing wrong or perhaps how I'm trying to use it.
>

> "Joe" <!!joe@integratedelectronics!!.com> wrote in message
> news:o eqtMVVMFHA.2988@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Is it possible to map a network drive on a pocket PC?
>>
>> JRD

March 25, 2005 6:44:12 PM

Wow, thanks for the info!!

"xTenn" <xTennREmoveThisPart@tds.net> wrote in message

> "Joe" <!!joe@integratedelectronics!!.com> wrote in message
> news:o eqtMVVMFHA.2988@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Is it possible to map a network drive on a pocket PC?
>>
>> JRD
>

> You can map a drive through the included file explorer and access it
> through that. However, to have it work really well use Resco File
> Explorer to map the drive via the hand holding a share icon. Then using
> Resco Explorer go to Options/AddIns and select Show Network "as Network
> folder under my device". This will allow other programs to browse the
> network drives as well. This is one way that the capabilities of the now
> playing list with MP10 really shines, since you can reach out and cue up
> large network music shares to play easily (same for beta player, etc). Not
> to mention any video collections you can have sitting on other machines to
> watch, etc.
>
> To note, even a trial version of Resco will allow you to map and share
> drives in this manner ad infinitum, but the other features may make it a
> worthwhile purchase if you like the layout, etc.

Anonymous
March 26, 2005 12:24:02 PM

"Joe" <!!joe@integratedelectronics!!.com> wrote in message
news:o eqtMVVMFHA.2988@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Is it possible to map a network drive on a pocket PC?
>
> JRD

I use VMobileSoftware Network Browser (review
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3157). You can browse your
network and shared folders, plus activate/reset drive mappings.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
March 26, 2005 12:24:03 PM

Cool, I'll check that out as well. Thank you for your suggestion!

news:o %23GZsDYMFHA.3076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

!