Blank web pages

January 20, 2005 11:39:00 PM

On quite a few web pages I go to I get a blank page but it has a small
square at the top left with three colored shapes in it, a red square, a blue
circle, and a dark bluish triangle. What could be wrong?
TIA

More about : blank web pages

Anonymous
January 20, 2005 11:39:01 PM

Hi Ben,

Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807
http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message news:uyqNG0u$EHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
On quite a few web pages I go to I get a blank page but it has a small
square at the top left with three colored shapes in it, a red square, a blue
circle, and a dark bluish triangle. What could be wrong?
TIA
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 2:57:55 AM

Went to the first site. "Show Pictures" was OK, and not in an unchecked
position. Went to the second site to do the Internet repait Tool for IE 6.
The following command was copied and pasted to the RUN box and Enter:

rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g "C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt"

I got the error box:

RUNDLL
Error loading setupwbv.dll
the specific module could not be found.

How to proceed next?
TIA

news:o 4toiOv$EHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
Hi Ben,

Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807
http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message
On quite a few web pages I go to I get a blank page but it has a small
square at the top left with three colored shapes in it, a red square, a blue
circle, and a dark bluish triangle. What could be wrong?
TIA
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 2:57:56 AM

Ben,

That Rundll32 command is not applicable to Windows XP. BTW, the 1st site covers many other probabilities such as security settings, encoding etc. Also, let's know which site is exhibiting this behavior.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message news:%238GqQjw$EHA.4072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
[...]

January 21, 2005 3:32:42 AM

On this site I only get the top one third of the page.
http://media.animal.discovery.com/convergence/spyonthew...

On this site the page is entirely blank.
http://www.bassfiles.net/parachute.swf

Other pages in the last few days I can't remember the sites.
TIA

news:o CbCzpw$EHA.2572@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
[...]

January 21, 2005 11:40:53 PM

Both of those require Macromedia Flash. Do you have anything blocking
Flash?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

> On this site I only get the top one third of the page.
> http://media.animal.discovery.com/convergence/spyonthew...
>
> On this site the page is entirely blank.
> http://www.bassfiles.net/parachute.swf
>
> Other pages in the last few days I can't remember the sites.
> TIA

> news:o CbCzpw$EHA.2572@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Ben,
>
> That Rundll32 command is not applicable to Windows XP. BTW, the 1st site
> covers many other probabilities such as security settings, encoding etc.
> Also, let's know which site is exhibiting this behavior.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> "Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message
> Went to the first site. "Show Pictures" was OK, and not in an unchecked
> position. Went to the second site to do the Internet repait Tool for IE 6.
> The following command was copied and pasted to the RUN box and Enter:
>
> rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet
> Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g "C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt"
>
> I got the error box:
>
> RUNDLL
> Error loading setupwbv.dll
> the specific module could not be found.
>
> How to proceed next?
> TIA

> news:o 4toiOv$EHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi Ben,
>
> Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807
> http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> "Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message
> On quite a few web pages I go to I get a blank page but it has a small
> square at the top left with three colored shapes in it, a red square, a
> blue
> circle, and a dark bluish triangle. What could be wrong?
> TIA
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 2:16:16 AM

Thanks for your response.
I don't remember blocking Flash. My Firewall is Kerio, free version. Maybe I
don't have Flash at all. What should I do then?
Thanks

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o T1RFvCAFHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Both of those require Macromedia Flash. Do you have anything blocking
> Flash?
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/defau...
>
> "Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message
> > On this site I only get the top one third of the page.

http://media.animal.discovery.com/convergence/spyonthew...

> > On this site the page is entirely blank.
> > http://www.bassfiles.net/parachute.swf
> >
> > Other pages in the last few days I can't remember the sites.
> > TIA
> >
> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
> > news:o CbCzpw$EHA.2572@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Ben,
> >
> > That Rundll32 command is not applicable to Windows XP. BTW, the 1st site
> > covers many other probabilities such as security settings, encoding etc.
> > Also, let's know which site is exhibiting this behavior.
> >
> > --
> > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP Shell/User
> > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >
> > "Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message
> > Went to the first site. "Show Pictures" was OK, and not in an unchecked
> > position. Went to the second site to do the Internet repait Tool for IE
6.
> > The following command was copied and pasted to the RUN box and Enter:
> >
> > rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet
> > Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g "C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt"
> >
> > I got the error box:
> >
> > RUNDLL
> > Error loading setupwbv.dll
> > the specific module could not be found.
> >
> > How to proceed next?
> > TIA
> >
> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
> > news:o 4toiOv$EHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Hi Ben,
> >
> > Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
> > http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm
> >
> > --
> > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP Shell/User
> > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >
> > "Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message
> > On quite a few web pages I go to I get a blank page but it has a small
> > square at the top left with three colored shapes in it, a red square, a
> > blue
> > circle, and a dark bluish triangle. What could be wrong?
> > TIA

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 2:16:17 AM

Hi Ben,

To know if your system is blocking Flash ActiveX control, try this:

Open Regedit and navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\SOFTWARE
\Microsoft
\Internet Explorer
\ActiveX Compatibility
\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}

Do you have a "Compatibility Flags" value in the right-pane? If so, what's it's data.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message news:um82TVJAFHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
Thanks for your response.
I don't remember blocking Flash. My Firewall is Kerio, free version. Maybe I
don't have Flash at all. What should I do then?
Thanks

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o T1RFvCAFHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Both of those require Macromedia Flash. Do you have anything blocking
> Flash?
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 5:29:20 PM

Hi Ramesh

Thanks for your response.
Yes, I have the "Compatibility Flags".
It says: REG_DWORD 0x00000400 (1024)

This is as far as I've ever gone on regedit matters. If you're going to ask
me to change anything, please guide me a little slowly. I also don't know
what
is the (1024) about.
Thanks

Hi Ben,

To know if your system is blocking Flash ActiveX control, try this:

Open Regedit and navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\SOFTWARE
\Microsoft
\Internet Explorer
\ActiveX Compatibility
\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}

Do you have a "Compatibility Flags" value in the right-pane? If so, what's
it's data.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message
Thanks for your response.
I don't remember blocking Flash. My Firewall is Kerio, free version. Maybe I
don't have Flash at all. What should I do then?
Thanks

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o T1RFvCAFHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Both of those require Macromedia Flash. Do you have anything blocking
> Flash?
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 5:29:21 PM

Ben,

Backup the key to a REG file (Use File > Export option) and then delete the "Compatibility Flags" value itself.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message news:o wGNiTRAFHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
Hi Ramesh

Thanks for your response.
Yes, I have the "Compatibility Flags".
It says: REG_DWORD 0x00000400 (1024)

This is as far as I've ever gone on regedit matters. If you're going to ask
me to change anything, please guide me a little slowly. I also don't know
what
is the (1024) about.
Thanks

Hi Ben,

To know if your system is blocking Flash ActiveX control, try this:

Open Regedit and navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\SOFTWARE
\Microsoft
\Internet Explorer
\ActiveX Compatibility
\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}

Do you have a "Compatibility Flags" value in the right-pane? If so, what's
it's data.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message
Thanks for your response.
I don't remember blocking Flash. My Firewall is Kerio, free version. Maybe I
don't have Flash at all. What should I do then?
Thanks

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o T1RFvCAFHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Both of those require Macromedia Flash. Do you have anything blocking
> Flash?
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 9:49:39 PM

Frank,

Won't it break the lengthy URLs?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message news:%23kbXvuUAFHA.3472@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
Ramesh,

Could you change your encoding to MIME/None instead of MIME/Quoted Printable
so that OE will place a quote character for your message in replies?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

news:%23C5rv3UAFHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... Frank,

Won't it break the lengthy URLs?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

Not with your version of OE.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Good to know. Thanks!

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message news:e1vmubVAFHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in
> message news:%23kbXvuUAFHA.3472@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl
>> Ramesh,
>>
>> Could you change your encoding to MIME/None instead of MIME/Quoted
>> Printable so that OE will place a quote character for your message in
>> replies?
>>
>> --
>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE

> news:%23C5rv3UAFHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... Frank,
>
> Won't it break the lengthy URLs?
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> Not with your version of OE.
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/defau...

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 3:31:29 AM

Sorry for the delay. Backup has been done. I could not delete. When I click
on the data value the curser does not go there. How should I do it? And if
the delete does not solve the problem how would I restore the value back in
again?
Thanks

Ben,

Backup the key to a REG file (Use File > Export option) and then delete the
"Compatibility Flags" value itself.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message
news:o wGNiTRAFHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
Hi Ramesh

Thanks for your response.
Yes, I have the "Compatibility Flags".
It says: REG_DWORD 0x00000400 (1024)

This is as far as I've ever gone on regedit matters. If you're going to ask
me to change anything, please guide me a little slowly. I also don't know
what
is the (1024) about.
Thanks

Hi Ben,

To know if your system is blocking Flash ActiveX control, try this:

Open Regedit and navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\SOFTWARE
\Microsoft
\Internet Explorer
\ActiveX Compatibility
\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}

Do you have a "Compatibility Flags" value in the right-pane? If so, what's
it's data.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message
Thanks for your response.
I don't remember blocking Flash. My Firewall is Kerio, free version. Maybe I
don't have Flash at all. What should I do then?
Thanks

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o T1RFvCAFHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Both of those require Macromedia Flash. Do you have anything blocking
> Flash?
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 9:37:47 AM

> Sorry for the delay. Backup has been done. I could not delete. When I
> click
> on the data value the curser does not go there. How should I do it? And if
> the delete does not solve the problem how would I restore the value back
> in
> again?
> Thanks

> Ben,
>
> Backup the key to a REG file (Use File > Export option) and then delete
> the
> "Compatibility Flags" value itself.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message
> news:o wGNiTRAFHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hi Ramesh
>
> Thanks for your response.
> Yes, I have the "Compatibility Flags".
> It says: REG_DWORD 0x00000400 (1024)
>
> This is as far as I've ever gone on regedit matters. If you're going to
> ask
> me to change anything, please guide me a little slowly. I also don't know
> what
> is the (1024) about.
> Thanks

> Hi Ben,
>
> To know if your system is blocking Flash ActiveX control, try this:
>
> Open Regedit and navigate to:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
> \SOFTWARE
> \Microsoft
> \Internet Explorer
> \ActiveX Compatibility
> \{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}
>
> Do you have a "Compatibility Flags" value in the right-pane? If so, what's
> it's data.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your response.
> I don't remember blocking Flash. My Firewall is Kerio, free version. Maybe
> don't have Flash at all. What should I do then?
> Thanks
>
> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:o T1RFvCAFHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Both of those require Macromedia Flash. Do you have anything blocking
>> Flash?

Did you RIGHT click Compatibility Flags?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Yes, I've got it going. Managed to delete it as you advised. Went back to
the two sites and they were visible completely. I was asked to install
Macromedia Flash Player 7 when I went to the first site, and did so. Do I
need to do anything about the Compatibility Flags?

Frank and Ramesh, thanks alot for your help.

Best Regards

> "Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry for the delay. Backup has been done. I could not delete. When I
> > click
> > on the data value the curser does not go there. How should I do it? And
if
> > the delete does not solve the problem how would I restore the value back
> > in
> > again?
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Ben,
> >
> > Backup the key to a REG file (Use File > Export option) and then delete
> > the
> > "Compatibility Flags" value itself.
> >
> > --
> > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP Shell/User
> > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >

> > "Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message
> > news:o wGNiTRAFHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > Hi Ramesh
> >
> > Thanks for your response.
> > Yes, I have the "Compatibility Flags".
> > It says: REG_DWORD 0x00000400 (1024)
> >
> > This is as far as I've ever gone on regedit matters. If you're going to
> > ask
> > me to change anything, please guide me a little slowly. I also don't
know
> > what
> > is the (1024) about.
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Hi Ben,
> >
> > To know if your system is blocking Flash ActiveX control, try this:
> >
> > Open Regedit and navigate to:
> >
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
> > \SOFTWARE
> > \Microsoft
> > \Internet Explorer
> > \ActiveX Compatibility
> > \{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}
> >
> > Do you have a "Compatibility Flags" value in the right-pane? If so,
what's
> > it's data.
> >
> > --
> > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP Shell/User
> > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >

> > "Ben Stevenson" <nospam@firestorml.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your response.
> > I don't remember blocking Flash. My Firewall is Kerio, free version.
Maybe
> > don't have Flash at all. What should I do then?
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > news:o T1RFvCAFHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >> Both of those require Macromedia Flash. Do you have anything blocking
> >> Flash?
> >

> Did you RIGHT click Compatibility Flags?
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/defau...

Anonymous
January 28, 2005 1:35:52 PM

You're welcome Ben.

>> Do I need to do anything about the Compatibility Flags?

No. If you want to block Flash ActiveX control in future, set the
Compatibility Flags value accordingly.

--

!