Desktop settings

Hi,

I loaded Windows 2K and set up my desktop under the administrator account.
After everything was installed and all that I changed my account from
administrator to user. Now, for some reason, after that my start menu,
desktop and quick launch are all gone and I only see the default desktop. It
seems like my account didn't change, but got deleted. Is there a way to
change the policy but keep all the settings as they are?

Thanks you
Dmitry
1 answer Last reply
More about desktop settings

    You can use the Copy To function to mirror the profile. Logon at least once
    after creating the new user account. Then while logged on as another user
    (with administrative rights) Control Panel|System|User Profiles, select your
    userprofile, Copy To, Browse to
    %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\newuser
    Change "Permitted to use:" to "newuser" OK.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Dimi" wrote:
    | Hi,
    |
    | I loaded Windows 2K and set up my desktop under the administrator account.
    | After everything was installed and all that I changed my account from
    | administrator to user. Now, for some reason, after that my start menu,
    | desktop and quick launch are all gone and I only see the default desktop.
    It
    | seems like my account didn't change, but got deleted. Is there a way to
    | change the policy but keep all the settings as they are?
    |
    | Thanks you
    | Dmitry

Desktops Microsoft Windows