  • Symantec
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 11, 2005 3:01:02 PM

I am trying to run Live Update and I am getting this error message;

LU1815: LiveUpdate could not read or write a file it needed because you do
not have sufficient access rights on this computer. It is recommended that
only users with Power User or Administrator rights run LiveUpdate.

I am the administrator of this computer.

Thanks in advance.

Fasih Ahmed

More about : symantec 100 live update error

May 12, 2005 5:25:36 AM

I assume you have logged on as the Administrator and tried, If that is the
case, and liveupdate was previously functioning, you may be advised to see
Symantec help

"Fasih Ahmed" <Fasih Ahmed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 523C2A9-92A7-499B-A6A2-79A31454BBF4@microsoft.com...
> I am trying to run Live Update and I am getting this error message;
>
> LU1815: LiveUpdate could not read or write a file it needed because you do
> not have sufficient access rights on this computer. It is recommended that
> only users with Power User or Administrator rights run LiveUpdate.
>
> I am the administrator of this computer.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Fasih Ahmed

Anonymous
May 12, 2005 9:16:02 AM

Thanks! I have called Symantec and no help from them.

"Fasih Ahmed" wrote:

> I am trying to run Live Update and I am getting this error message;
>
> LU1815: LiveUpdate could not read or write a file it needed because you do
> not have sufficient access rights on this computer. It is recommended that
> only users with Power User or Administrator rights run LiveUpdate.
>
> I am the administrator of this computer.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Fasih Ahmed

May 13, 2005 4:33:46 AM

Symantec help can be 'difficult'
With problems they often recommend an uninstall, see symantec site for 'how
to completely remove' then reinstall.
You don't mention whether it ever worked - Live update -
But its definitely a Symantec problem, not win*

!