Symantec 9.0.3.100 live update error

I am trying to run Live Update and I am getting this error message;

LU1815: LiveUpdate could not read or write a file it needed because you do
not have sufficient access rights on this computer. It is recommended that
only users with Power User or Administrator rights run LiveUpdate.

I am the administrator of this computer.

Thanks in advance.

Fasih Ahmed
3 answers Last reply
More about symantec live update error

    I assume you have logged on as the Administrator and tried, If that is the
    case, and liveupdate was previously functioning, you may be advised to see
    Symantec help

    "Fasih Ahmed" <Fasih Ahmed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am trying to run Live Update and I am getting this error message;
    >
    > LU1815: LiveUpdate could not read or write a file it needed because you do
    > not have sufficient access rights on this computer. It is recommended that
    > only users with Power User or Administrator rights run LiveUpdate.
    >
    > I am the administrator of this computer.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Fasih Ahmed

    Thanks! I have called Symantec and no help from them.

    "Fasih Ahmed" wrote:

    > I am trying to run Live Update and I am getting this error message;
    >
    > LU1815: LiveUpdate could not read or write a file it needed because you do
    > not have sufficient access rights on this computer. It is recommended that
    > only users with Power User or Administrator rights run LiveUpdate.
    >
    > I am the administrator of this computer.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Fasih Ahmed

    Symantec help can be 'difficult'
    With problems they often recommend an uninstall, see symantec site for 'how
    to completely remove' then reinstall.
    You don't mention whether it ever worked - Live update -
    But its definitely a Symantec problem, not win*

    > Thanks! I have called Symantec and no help from them.
    >
    > "Fasih Ahmed" wrote:
    >
    > > I am trying to run Live Update and I am getting this error message;
    > >
    > > LU1815: LiveUpdate could not read or write a file it needed because you
    do
    > > not have sufficient access rights on this computer. It is recommended
    that
    > > only users with Power User or Administrator rights run LiveUpdate.
    > >
    > > I am the administrator of this computer.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > Fasih Ahmed

Computers Symantec Windows