Notepad skips spaces on pressing Save

Hi,

I couldnt find a Newsgroup dedicated to Notepad. If not the correct
newsgroup please tell me the correct one.

Let's say I do right click on desktop and NEW - insert a text document.

Now, I open the above file and type some text in to it and when the cursor
is at the last character in the notepad, I press ctrl +S and some of the
Text in that notepad will get deleted and MORE importantly the cursor will
skip spaces as if ghosting around.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any workaround?

The above happens even if I open a previously saved notepad (which contains
text) and if I enter some new text in to it and when I press press ctrl + s.

Please suggest a solution.
--
Thanks a lot,
Hari

"Hari Prasadh" <excel_hari@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I couldnt find a Newsgroup dedicated to Notepad. If not the correct
> newsgroup please tell me the correct one.
>
> Let's say I do right click on desktop and NEW - insert a text document.
>
> Now, I open the above file and type some text in to it and when the cursor
> is at the last character in the notepad, I press ctrl +S and some of the
> Text in that notepad will get deleted and MORE importantly the cursor will
> skip spaces as if ghosting around.
>
> Has anyone experienced this before? Any workaround?
>
> The above happens even if I open a previously saved notepad (which
contains
> text) and if I enter some new text in to it and when I press press ctrl +
s.

> Please suggest a solution.
> --
> Thanks a lot,
> Hari
> India

I don't get this behaviour on any of my machines, and it's certainly not as
designed. What else do you have running?

HTH
-pk

Hi, Hari.

If you are sure the problem is in Notepad and not in your keyboard hardware
or driver, or in any other program, then your Notepad.exe may have been
corrupted in some way. The System File Checker probably can fix it.

Start | Run, enter: sfc /scannow

SFC will compare each WinXP operating system file with the "known good" copy
held in your on-disk cache and replace any missing or damaged ones. Have
your WinXP CD-ROM handy; SFC probably will need to see that.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Hari Prasadh" <excel_hari@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I couldnt find a Newsgroup dedicated to Notepad. If not the correct
> newsgroup please tell me the correct one.
>
> Let's say I do right click on desktop and NEW - insert a text document.
>
> Now, I open the above file and type some text in to it and when the cursor
> is at the last character in the notepad, I press ctrl +S and some of the
> Text in that notepad will get deleted and MORE importantly the cursor will
> skip spaces as if ghosting around.
>
> Has anyone experienced this before? Any workaround?
>
> The above happens even if I open a previously saved notepad (which
> contains
> text) and if I enter some new text in to it and when I press press ctrl +
> s.
>
> Please suggest a solution.
> --
> Thanks a lot,
> Hari
> India

Hi,

I havent noticed a pattern for it to be happening in conjunction with other
programs being open.
Would try to look out for the same and post back, if I come across the same.

--
Thanks a lot,
Hari

"Test User" <test@dev.null> wrote in message
> "Hari Prasadh" <excel_hari@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I couldnt find a Newsgroup dedicated to Notepad. If not the correct
> > newsgroup please tell me the correct one.
> >
> > Let's say I do right click on desktop and NEW - insert a text document.
> >
> > Now, I open the above file and type some text in to it and when the
cursor
> > is at the last character in the notepad, I press ctrl +S and some of the
> > Text in that notepad will get deleted and MORE importantly the cursor
will
> > skip spaces as if ghosting around.
> >
> > Has anyone experienced this before? Any workaround?
> >
> > The above happens even if I open a previously saved notepad (which
> contains
> > text) and if I enter some new text in to it and when I press press ctrl
+
> s.
> >
> > Please suggest a solution.
> > --
> > Thanks a lot,
> > Hari
> > India
>
> I don't get this behaviour on any of my machines, and it's certainly not
as
> designed. What else do you have running?
>
> HTH
> -pk

Hi R.C. White,

I would carry out the operation you have suggested and then post back.

Thanx a lot for your post.

--
Regards,
Hari