Windows 2000 server + AD : SP4 install then problems

Hello,

My windows 2000 server + AD was installed with SP2. Now i am trying to
install the W2000 SP4 on this server. No problem with the install itself but
when i restart the server, i arrive on the logon window. After a few seconds,
i have a "blue screen" with a memory dump then the the server restart... and
so on....
I have to run in safe mode and uninstall the SP4 to have the server up and
running again.
I tried on others AD W2000 servers and i have the same problem.

Do anyone has a clue on this issue ?

Thank you in advance.

Christophe

Christophe,

On the blue screen, you will get a set of eight digit codes. These will
give you the kind of errors and the specific subsystems that are affected.
You would be able to use these numbers to search for the root of the error.

I would suggest doing a search for the numbers at Microsoft as well as on
Google. This usually will give you a good starting point.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA