Really weird.

On the 19th I posted about Turmie, and didn't see my post come up. And no
posts or mail until today. So today I got some ends of threads, not the
starts of them and thought that was weird so I went to google and found my
missing posts.

Why would that happen? Just another glitch in my life? I was thinking
everyone met and went on vacation together. LOL

BTW, I don't like google groups for reading NGs. When you are looking
something up it's fine, in some ways great, but for day to day reading?
Yucky.

daramark

"Imp" <semmons@ca.sympatico> wrote in message
> Sympatico's newsgroup server has been down sents the 19th. They just fixed
> it today.

Figures. Rained/flooded out? You would think for a company that is nation
wide they could at least not have all the important stuff in one spot to be
affected by regional stuff.

I wonder if a complaint would change anything, like my bill. I doubt it
would change their policy, but hey.

On another note, I think my monitor blew it's red tube (or updated
equivalency). I have no reds (red things show up as black and it even
changes things that don't have red, green isn't green anymore), which makes
things like Card buying fun, and Freaky Factory. The bad part is that I
think the spare monitors (which would be even older than this one) are
buried in the garage. <shudder>
Is it possible that this is a software problem? Changing hardware isn't fun
and my darling says I monopolize the computer (who me?!?) and he doesn't
really want to fix it.

daramark

"daramark" <dara.butler@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> On another note, I think my monitor blew it's red tube (or updated
> equivalency). I have no reds (red things show up as black and it even
> changes things that don't have red, green isn't green anymore), which
makes
> things like Card buying fun, and Freaky Factory. The bad part is that I
> think the spare monitors (which would be even older than this one) are
> buried in the garage. <shudder>
> Is it possible that this is a software problem? Changing hardware isn't
fun
> and my darling says I monopolize the computer (who me?!?) and he doesn't
> really want to fix it.
> daramark

Sounds like a monitor we have at work. We don't really use it for much and
it would work just as well in monochrome.

> On another note, I think my monitor blew it's red tube (or updated
> equivalency). I have no reds (red things show up as black and it even
> changes things that don't have red, green isn't green anymore), which
> makes things like Card buying fun, and Freaky Factory. The bad part is
> that I think the spare monitors (which would be even older than this one)
> are buried in the garage. <shudder>
> Is it possible that this is a software problem? Changing hardware isn't
> fun and my darling says I monopolize the computer (who me?!?) and he
> doesn't really want to fix it.
>

> daramark

mine did that once, we had to get a new one. though i knew someone once who
had that problem, took it into the shop and the bumpy trip fixed it! it is
generally caused by a loose connection somewhere, but don't go opening the
thing up to find it, those things store enough power to seriously injure if
not kill you (even unplugged for awhile). do, however, try wiggling the
cable on both ends and make sure it's plugged in all the way.
i can say with 99% certainty that it is not a software issue, but changing a
monitor isn't nearly as bad as changing internal hardware, though quite
spendy.
-jessie

"jessie" <trae@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> On another note, I think my monitor blew it's red tube (or updated
>> equivalency). I have no reds (red things show up as black and it even
>> changes things that don't have red, green isn't green anymore), which
>> makes things like Card buying fun, and Freaky Factory. The bad part is
>> that I think the spare monitors (which would be even older than this one)
>> are buried in the garage. <shudder>
>> Is it possible that this is a software problem? Changing hardware isn't
>> fun and my darling says I monopolize the computer (who me?!?) and he
>> doesn't really want to fix it.
>>

>> daramark
>>

> mine did that once, we had to get a new one. though i knew someone once
> who had that problem, took it into the shop and the bumpy trip fixed it!
> it is generally caused by a loose connection somewhere, but don't go
> opening the thing up to find it, those things store enough power to
> seriously injure if not kill you (even unplugged for awhile). do, however,
> try wiggling the cable on both ends and make sure it's plugged in all the
> way.
> i can say with 99% certainty that it is not a software issue, but changing
> a monitor isn't nearly as bad as changing internal hardware, though quite
> spendy.
> -jessie

:) It's the spendy bit that I can do just now. But I didn't even think
about the cables and such. Thanks, in tomorrow's light I will give it a try,
after a hopefully good sleep. My monitor is a little heavy, and none of the
furniture here right now is up to it.

daramark