Unsuccessfull domain controller demotion

When I attempt to demote a dc following the article below I can't get pass
selecting a domain in the ntdsutil. When I get to step 9 "select domain
number" I put in the but the return is No current site, Domain - DC=xyz,
DC=net, no current server, no naming context. However, when I type list
domains the output is 0 - DC=xyz, DC=net.

I am following Article ID : 216498 How to remove data in Active Directory
after an unsuccessful domain controller demotion

Note: The dc we are trying to remove from AD died, it is no longer in use.

Thanks in advance.

This is expected behavior and is not an error.
Proceed to step 10.

--
Glenn L
CCNA, MCSE 2000/2003 + Security