CoolMax power supply-700 watt CUG-700B

davidintel65

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
Does anyone know anything about this power supply(CoolMax 700 watt CUG-700B), I know the specs, I need to know about quality of it. Will it last or is this company known for inferior products? Thanks!

davidintel65

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
Thanks for the info, I guess I'll be going with my other choice. the Thermaltake Toughpower 750w. I have read nothing but good things about this power supply!

sailer

Splendid
Run away... Run far away and don't look back. If you want to kill your system then go right ahead and get that PSU. :wink:

Yes the PSU is of pretty low quality. You will be better of sticking to brands like OCZ, Enermax, PC P&C, Antec, and FSP.

This is odd, though I can see it happening. In your sig you list "Top Tier PSUs. I looked there and it listed Coolmax as one of their "Tier 2 Brands-Top Quality components with Top Notch Stability".

OK, I know real world experience doesn't always match what some reviewer states. I just find it curious is all.

krisoto

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
nothing wrong with this model, you should consider it. from the looks of it, acording to the UL code, it is made from Sirtek. and Sirtek is also making psu to Lian Li link
Times a changing, who know maybe thiscompany is TRYING to change for the better, as for me, im satisfied with there 1000 watts psu.

sailer

Splendid
If mpilch says "NO!" regarding a PSU, I say "OK!" and you should too :p

Actually, I believe he is right. It was more the web site that he lists which I found as curious. Coolmax is listed at both the top tier and the bottom tier, which to me says the web site has a problem. Then again, maybe Coolmax is just very inconsistent with its quality. Don't know. My new psu that's on order is a Thermaltake, so this doesn't affect me all that much.

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Good choice on the Thermaltake.

Regarding Coolmax, it may very well be the case where the top 3 models they sell are produced in a totally different factory or use completely different parts then the rest of their lineup. Perkam is about as knowledgeable as they come and with all the readers at Xtremesystems, I trust they will have adjusted the list where needed.