Corrupted File

OS XP with SP2

Have just carried out a full system scan with Kapersky anti virus and it
found the following corrupted file, C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Agnitum Shared\Aupdate\Downloaded
Files\outpost_log.20040423_1720.zip/op_data.dll Corrupted
I would be most grateful if anyone could help a Newbie to fix this.
MikeW
3 answers Last reply
More about corrupted file

    Agnitum makes the Outpost firewall which I assume you have installed on your
    system. The file was found in a download folder and listed as corrupt.
    Most likely, Kapersky didn't recognize the file.

    My suggestion is, if you are not having any problems and since this is not a
    file installed on your system, rather it is simply being stored, presumably
    as a part of some previous downloaded update for Outpost Firewall, leave it
    alone.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "MikeW" <MikeW@spammenot.con> wrote in message
    > OS XP with SP2
    >
    > Have just carried out a full system scan with Kapersky anti virus and it
    > found the following corrupted file, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Agnitum
    > Shared\Aupdate\Downloaded Files\outpost_log.20040423_1720.zip/op_data.dll
    > Corrupted
    > I would be most grateful if anyone could help a Newbie to fix this.
    > MikeW

    Thank you for your quick response. I will take your advice and leave it
    alone.
    Thanks
    MikeW

    > Agnitum makes the Outpost firewall which I assume you have installed
    > on your system. The file was found in a download folder and listed as
    > corrupt. Most likely, Kapersky didn't recognize the file.
    >
    > My suggestion is, if you are not having any problems and since this is
    > not a file installed on your system, rather it is simply being stored,
    > presumably as a part of some previous downloaded update for Outpost
    > Firewall, leave it alone.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    > Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    > DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >
    > "MikeW" <MikeW@spammenot.con> wrote in message
    >> OS XP with SP2
    >>
    >> Have just carried out a full system scan with Kapersky anti virus and
    >> it found the following corrupted file, C:\Program Files\Common
    >> Files\Agnitum Shared\Aupdate\Downloaded
    >> Files\outpost_log.20040423_1720.zip/op_data.dll Corrupted
    >> I would be most grateful if anyone could help a Newbie to fix this.
    >> MikeW

    You're welcome, Mike, good luck.

    --

    > Thank you for your quick response. I will take your advice and leave it
    > alone.
    > Thanks
    > MikeW
    >
    > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
    >> Agnitum makes the Outpost firewall which I assume you have installed on
    >> your system. The file was found in a download folder and listed as
    >> corrupt. Most likely, Kapersky didn't recognize the file.
    >>
    >> My suggestion is, if you are not having any problems and since this is
    >> not a file installed on your system, rather it is simply being stored,
    >> presumably as a part of some previous downloaded update for Outpost
    >> Firewall, leave it alone.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    >> Windows Shell/User
    >> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    >> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>
    >> "MikeW" <MikeW@spammenot.con> wrote in message
    >>> OS XP with SP2
    >>>
    >>> Have just carried out a full system scan with Kapersky anti virus and it
    >>> found the following corrupted file, C:\Program Files\Common
    >>> Files\Agnitum Shared\Aupdate\Downloaded
    >>> Files\outpost_log.20040423_1720.zip/op_data.dll Corrupted
    >>> I would be most grateful if anyone could help a Newbie to fix this.
    >>> MikeW

Microsoft Windows XP