Corrupted File

January 20, 2005 11:09:39 PM

OS XP with SP2

Have just carried out a full system scan with Kapersky anti virus and it
found the following corrupted file, C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Agnitum Shared\Aupdate\Downloaded
Files\outpost_log.20040423_1720.zip/op_data.dll Corrupted
I would be most grateful if anyone could help a Newbie to fix this.
MikeW

More about : corrupted file

Anonymous
January 20, 2005 11:09:40 PM

Agnitum makes the Outpost firewall which I assume you have installed on your
system. The file was found in a download folder and listed as corrupt.
Most likely, Kapersky didn't recognize the file.

My suggestion is, if you are not having any problems and since this is not a
file installed on your system, rather it is simply being stored, presumably
as a part of some previous downloaded update for Outpost Firewall, leave it
alone.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"MikeW" <MikeW@spammenot.con> wrote in message
> OS XP with SP2
>
> Have just carried out a full system scan with Kapersky anti virus and it
> found the following corrupted file, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Agnitum
> Shared\Aupdate\Downloaded Files\outpost_log.20040423_1720.zip/op_data.dll
> Corrupted
> I would be most grateful if anyone could help a Newbie to fix this.
> MikeW

Anonymous
January 21, 2005 1:29:11 AM

Thank you for your quick response. I will take your advice and leave it
alone.
Thanks
MikeW

news:o 6scQ$y$EHA.1188@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Agnitum makes the Outpost firewall which I assume you have installed
> on your system. The file was found in a download folder and listed as
> corrupt. Most likely, Kapersky didn't recognize the file.
>
> My suggestion is, if you are not having any problems and since this is
> not a file installed on your system, rather it is simply being stored,
> presumably as a part of some previous downloaded update for Outpost
> Firewall, leave it alone.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "MikeW" <MikeW@spammenot.con> wrote in message
>> OS XP with SP2
>>
>> Have just carried out a full system scan with Kapersky anti virus and
>> it found the following corrupted file, C:\Program Files\Common
>> Files\Agnitum Shared\Aupdate\Downloaded
>> Files\outpost_log.20040423_1720.zip/op_data.dll Corrupted
>> I would be most grateful if anyone could help a Newbie to fix this.
>> MikeW

Anonymous
January 21, 2005 1:29:12 AM

You're welcome, Mike, good luck.