Problem with COM1

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 14, 2005 12:17:42 AM

On one of our computers running Win2000 appears to have some software
locking com1 port.

If I run a dos box I would expect to direct some output to com1 using a
command line similar to
dir > com1
but although it works on similarly configured computers it refuses to work
on this one
Re-booting both pc and printer has no effect .... However one program
installed on this problem computer does send output to com1 but no other
program can access that port

Any suggestions re a fix greatly appreciated

Regards and TIA

More about : problem com1

Anonymous
May 14, 2005 1:26:56 AM