Closed

View webcam over IP

Hi,

I have just purchased a cheap webcam (Genius) I would like to assign this
cam an IP address so that I may view it from any browser
Can someone tell me is this possible or do I need a specific camera to do
this, if I can with my camera, can you explain how I go about doing it.

tia
Bert
6 answers Last reply
More about view webcam

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 14:39:38 +0000 (UTC), "Bert"
    <winloxp@btopenworld.com> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have just purchased a cheap webcam (Genius) I would like to assign this
    >cam an IP address so that I may view it from any browser
    >Can someone tell me is this possible or do I need a specific camera to do
    >this, if I can with my camera, can you explain how I go about doing it.

    The cam appears to be a standard USB webcam. This being the case
    you will need a webcam program to run on your computer of which
    there are many. Below is the basic info for running a webcam
    behind a router, and bottom is a simple free webcam setup.

    http://www.sonicjay.com/cam/cam_how_to.htm
    http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webcamsetup.htm

    Hi, That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your help

    Bert

    "Si Ballenger" <shb*NO*SPAM*@comporium.net> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 14:39:38 +0000 (UTC), "Bert"
    > <winloxp@btopenworld.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I have just purchased a cheap webcam (Genius) I would like to assign this
    >>cam an IP address so that I may view it from any browser
    >>Can someone tell me is this possible or do I need a specific camera to do
    >>this, if I can with my camera, can you explain how I go about doing it.
    >
    > The cam appears to be a standard USB webcam. This being the case
    > you will need a webcam program to run on your computer of which
    > there are many. Below is the basic info for running a webcam
    > behind a router, and bottom is a simple free webcam setup.
    >
    > http://www.sonicjay.com/cam/cam_how_to.htm
    > http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webcamsetup.htm

  3. Hi, I have same question , but both links are broken , please give me another link or answer!! thanks

    not work 2 links
    > http://www.sonicjay.com/cam/cam_how_to.htm
    > http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webcamsetup.htm
  4. This is free program for making your camera accessible via IP address:
    http://irektus.com/en/qualitycapture.aspx
  5. This topic has been closed by Buwish

Webcams Cameras IP Peripherals