View webcam over IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi,

I have just purchased a cheap webcam (Genius) I would like to assign this
cam an IP address so that I may view it from any browser
Can someone tell me is this possible or do I need a specific camera to do
this, if I can with my camera, can you explain how I go about doing it.

tia
Bert

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 14:39:38 +0000 (UTC), "Bert"
<winloxp@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have just purchased a cheap webcam (Genius) I would like to assign this
>cam an IP address so that I may view it from any browser
>Can someone tell me is this possible or do I need a specific camera to do
>this, if I can with my camera, can you explain how I go about doing it.

The cam appears to be a standard USB webcam. This being the case
you will need a webcam program to run on your computer of which
there are many. Below is the basic info for running a webcam
behind a router, and bottom is a simple free webcam setup.

http://www.sonicjay.com/cam/cam_how_to.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webcamsetup.htm

Hi, That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your help

Bert