W2K Keeps Crashing

Pudge

Distinguished
May 13, 2005

I am getting a blue screen with the error:
Stop 0x000000D1 Error Message in Tcpip.sys

I followed the instructions in other posts. Specifcally I updated to SP4 as
suggested in:
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=260956

I am still getting the blue screen errors always pointing to tcpip.sys or
the system just randomly hangs.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance,
Steve

On Fri, 13 May 2005 16:13:02 -0700, "pudge" <pudge@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I am getting a blue screen with the error:
>Stop 0x000000D1 Error Message in Tcpip.sys
>
>I followed the instructions in other posts. Specifcally I updated to SP4 as
>suggested in:
>http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=260956
>
>I am still getting the blue screen errors always pointing to tcpip.sys or
>the system just randomly hangs.
>
>Any ideas? Thank you in advance,
>Steve

When I see trouble like that which I cannot cure immediately, I start
disconnecting peripherals. With that I mean all USB's and I kill the drivers for
them (all usb) in Device Manager. Test the computer for a while. If it work like
that, then I start re-connecting one thing at a time with the result that
drivers are loaded as needed.
You can nearly be assured that the computer will then work. It is hardly worth
while trying to diagnose the trouble, when it can be cured that easily.

Incidentally when I do that I have notepad sitting in the task bar and keep
putting information on that with the result that I some day will be able to cure
trouble much quicker

B.Pedersen Latitude -31,48.21 Longitude115,47.40 Time=GMT+8.00
If you are curious look here http://www.mapquest.com/maps/latlong.adp

Pudge

Distinguished
May 13, 2005

Thank you for this suggestion.

Unfortunately it does not apply here. The only connections used are the
keyboard, mouse, monitor and network cable. The system runs rock solid with
my WinXP based emergency boot CD, but under W2K all it does is blue screen.

Anyone else out there in the ether have a suggestion to try?

Thank you all for your help.
Steve