Windows 2000 Active Directory Backup

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 14, 2005 12:21:01 AM

I have created a backup of active directory(system states) within windows
2000 of each server before upgrading the domain controllers to Windows 2003.
Windows 2003 install completed with no errors as well as domain prep and
forest prep. After the Windows 2003 upgrade completed on the infrastructure
master controller the server crashed with a blue screen. Now active
directory is corrupt, mail does not work along with everything associated to
active directory. What are my options available to recover my losses? Would
it be beneficial to restore the system states that I have from the win2K
install and would this bring the entire structure back as well as the windows
2000 install. Please any help would be greatly appreciated as I am in quite
a jam.
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 3:52:12 AM

"KMD" <KMD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have created a backup of active directory(system states) within windows
> 2000 of each server before upgrading the domain controllers to Windows
2003.
> Windows 2003 install completed with no errors as well as domain prep and
> forest prep. After the Windows 2003 upgrade completed on the
infrastructure
> master controller the server crashed with a blue screen. Now active
> directory is corrupt, mail does not work along with everything associated
> active directory. What are my options available to recover my losses?
Would
> it be beneficial to restore the system states that I have from the win2K
> install and would this bring the entire structure back as well as the
windows
> 2000 install. Please any help would be greatly appreciated as I am in
quite
> a jam.

I don't know the answer to your question but I recommend
you repost it in win2000.server.general.
!