MOBO/PSU Sugg's for my Build and future 8800GTX-ish upgrade

Bullion

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2006
Here's a basic break down of the key components I am looking at. I mainly found these suggestions/recommendations through the TH Guides, but I am not sure of their compatability with each other.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz - $317.00

CORSAIR XMS2 (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 Dual - $264.00

WD Raptor X 150GB 10,000 RPM 16MB - $229.00

ATI Radeon X1950PRO 256MB - $239.00
(However, I would hopefully upgrade to the GeForce 88XXXX series in a couple months XFX GeForce 8800GTX PCI Express )

Total $$ so far ~ $ 1100.00

This only leaves me needing the Motherboard and Power Supply. Neither of which I have any ideas on where to start. I am a complete noob at overclocking but I picked the E6600 chip because of the rave reviews about its easy OCing abilites wihtout needing 3rd party fans and such that I also know nothing about. This is something I would like to try and get into. From what i understand, that would definitely affect my Mobo/PSU choice... but I am not sure where to look for those new guidelines. Do i need a fancy cooling fan? or is it just recommended?

Also, If you have any suggestion to bring the price down without losing too much performance (or increasing performance without making costs too much higher)... I would be very very thankful.

'Tis the season for new systems :D , Thanks in advance.

PS. I have a spare case a friend gave me, its huge and spacious, not sure about its cooling benefits/drawbacks, it looks just like this one Chieftec Dragon Full ATX either way, just trying to save money and not buy another one :p