Windows2000 Pro. Restarts on Login

Widows starts up normally with no errors. But when I put my login name and
password and press Enter Key It immediatly restarts. I tried to login in safe
mode but same behaviour.

Thanks so much for your time.

"Amir Bilal" <Amir Bilal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Widows starts up normally with no errors. But when I put my login name
> and
> password and press Enter Key It immediatly restarts. I tried to login
> in safe
> mode but same behaviour.
>
> Thanks so much for your time.

Have you tried logging in under a different acount (Administrator for
example).

Your profile maybe corrupt, if so log in under another account (with
admin rights)and transfer your data then delete your old account and re
logon with the old name , a new profile will be created although some
settings may have to be recreated.

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

"Steve Parry [MVP]" wrote:

> "Amir Bilal" <Amir Bilal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Widows starts up normally with no errors. But when I put my login name
> > and
> > password and press Enter Key It immediatly restarts. I tried to login
> > in safe
> > mode but same behaviour.
> >
> > Thanks so much for your time.
>

> Have you tried logging in under a different acount (Administrator for
> example).
>
> Your profile maybe corrupt, if so log in under another account (with
> admin rights)and transfer your data then delete your old account and re
> logon with the old name , a new profile will be created although some
> settings may have to be recreated.
>

> --
> Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP
>
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

I have two users on my computer.
user
Administrator

Have tried both of them but the behavior is same. Furthermore It behaves
exactly same way in safe mode.

> "Steve Parry [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> "Amir Bilal" <Amir Bilal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Widows starts up normally with no errors. But when I put my login
>> > name
>> > and
>> > password and press Enter Key It immediatly restarts. I tried to
>> > login
>> > in safe
>> > mode but same behaviour.
>> >
>> > Thanks so much for your time.
>>

>> Have you tried logging in under a different acount (Administrator for
>> example).
>>
>> Your profile maybe corrupt, if so log in under another account (with
>> admin rights)and transfer your data then delete your old account and
>> re
>> logon with the old name , a new profile will be created although some
>> settings may have to be recreated.
>>

>> --
>> Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP
>>
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk
>>

> I have two users on my computer.
> user
> Administrator
>
> Have tried both of them but the behavior is same. Furthermore It
> behaves
> exactly same way in safe mode.

Have you tried booting from the W2K CD and running chkdsk from the
recovery console?

--

"Steve Parry [MVP]" wrote:

> "Amir Bilal" <Amir Bilal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "Steve Parry [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> "Amir Bilal" <Amir Bilal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> Have you tried logging in under a different acount (Administrator for
> >> example).
> >>
> >> Your profile maybe corrupt, if so log in under another account (with
> >> admin rights)and transfer your data then delete your old account and
> >> re
> >> logon with the old name , a new profile will be created although some
> >> settings may have to be recreated.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP
> >>
> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk
> >>

> > I have two users on my computer.
> > user
> > Administrator
> >
> > Have tried both of them but the behavior is same. Furthermore It
> > behaves
> > exactly same way in safe mode.
>

> Have you tried booting from the W2K CD and running chkdsk from the
> recovery console?
>
> --
> Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP
>
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

hav't tried that yet. will do so tonight.

I hope it resolves my problem. thanks for your time :)

> "Steve Parry [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> "Amir Bilal" <Amir Bilal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > I have two users on my computer.
>> > user
>> > Administrator
>> >
>> > Have tried both of them but the behavior is same. Furthermore It
>> > behaves
>> > exactly same way in safe mode.
>>

>> Have you tried booting from the W2K CD and running chkdsk from the
>> recovery console?
>>

> hav't tried that yet. will do so tonight.
>
> I hope it resolves my problem. thanks for your time :)

No probs, good luck.

If that does'nt work try an in place reinstall/repair from the CD