  • Shutdown
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 16, 2005 11:30:08 AM

The W32time application failure is causing an unexpected system shutdown.
The reason code is 0xcf0a

More about : w32time

Anonymous
May 16, 2005 12:37:28 PM

Check Event Viewer for more details on the error.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"snazzy" wrote:
| The W32time application failure is causing an unexpected system shutdown.
| The reason code is 0xcf0a
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 4:45:12 AM

You can also check the DrWtsn32 log (using drwtsn32 from the commandline
without parameters shows you where the log is located).

Normally, a "user process" (e.g. this service) can never fail the operating
system (as of NT4). Maybe you should check the file W32time.dll

--
Chau chau,

Pascalos

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Check Event Viewer for more details on the error.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "snazzy" wrote:
> | The W32time application failure is causing an unexpected system shutdown.
> | The reason code is 0xcf0a

January 21, 2009 12:03:34 PM

I have this error. It shuts my computer down at 2:07 AM every day. I have to do a full system reset every morning. It's getting pretty infuriating. Originally, I fixed it by disabling the web synchronization (that was the error I was getting), but it's begun happening stating
Quote:
The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsynchronized.

I synchronized the clock manually. I'm hoping that will fix the problem.
!