HP LJ 8150 configuration problems

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.win2000.printing,microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

Hello all,

We have an HP LJ 8150 printer on our network, the driver is on our W2K
printer server, the server can see the device, but for some odd reason i
cannot configure the driver to allow the extra paper drawer options we have
installed on it.

I've created a completely separate printer on the server and tried this. it
didn't work.

I am using an administrator level username on our network
This printer USED to be a HP 4 si driven printer.

any ideas?

--
Joseph Ambrose
System and Network Manager

From: "Ambrose, Joseph" <joe.ambrose@conference-board.org>

| Hello all,
|
| We have an HP LJ 8150 printer on our network, the driver is on our W2K
| printer server, the server can see the device, but for some odd reason i
| cannot configure the driver to allow the extra paper drawer options we have
| installed on it.
|
| I've created a completely separate printer on the server and tried this. it
| didn't work.
|
| I am using an administrator level username on our network
| This printer USED to be a HP 4 si driven printer.
|
| any ideas?
|
| --
| Joseph Ambrose
| System and Network Manager
| The Conference Board
| P: 001-212-339-0443
| F: 001-212-836-3802
| E: Joe.Ambrose@conference-board.org
| Visit our Award Winning Web Site: www.conference-board.org

You have the HP8150 but not the 8150N ? Life is much easier with an Internal JetDirect
Print-Server. I had two 8150DN and two 8100DN (D-Duplex Option, N-Network). I had Win2K
and WinXP workstations print to the printer w/o any problems choosing any options on the
printer and through HP Web JetAdmin I could manage the printer from a central location web
server using TCP port 8443. I could even see the percentage of toner remaining. All
because the printer communicates bi-directionally via TCP/IP directly with the workstation
printing to it. No Win2K Print Server needed or to get in the way.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm