Webcam/netcam for remote Piano lessons

Trying to set up remote piano lessons - Going to try two stand-alone
network cams: one at each end, so the teacher can see the student and
the student see the teacher.

Has anyone done this? Will standard broadband access be enough to
support this kind of videoconferencing? (DSL in Turkey, and Comcast Cable)

Any network Cam recommendations? Any Network Cams (web server built-in)
that have an external mic jack?. I'm thinking of the network cams since
this would eliminate any CPU time from a PC which will need to be
reading streaming video from the other side.

I was thinking of the VEO observer XT (though i would probably have to
HACK the microphone circuit for an external mic) with the remote pan and
tilt, but I can't find one anywhere. Any recommendations?

Thanks very much

-Andrew

CT

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Andrew,

I can't give you the best options for your network cams, but perhaps a
simple solution would be USB webcams such as the Logitech Orbit or the
inexpensive iContact from Ezonics. I would also suggest you
investigate CamTrek® as an option for your videoconference software.
You'll only need 56k bandwidth for your connections, and you can easily
support this with your intended broadband access. You can utilize
multiple cameras with CamTrek®, but automatic switching is not
included. You could use the built-in camera microphones, but best
performance would be a wired or wireless mic connected to your
computers and individual headsets or earpieces.

You can find CamTrek® at http://www.camtrek.com. I'm looking forward
to hearing about your success.

Best wishes,
CT