UPS does not function with Win2K

My name is Nilton.
I have a server Win2K and an UPS.
My UPS is SMS (I'm from Brazil).
I've followed the steps of the UPS manufacturer for the installation.
However, when I've started Win2K, it detects (wrongly) failure power. But
the power is OK and the UPS charge is OK.
I´ve already seen two articles in the Knowledge Base (815268 and 818197) -
but they do not apply to my problem.
Anyone could help me ?
Thanks.

Answered in .hardware