Problems After Reinstalling Windows 2000 Professional

I had to reinstall my Windows 2000 Professional operating system on my PC
after a virus attack. I have 2 problems I haven't been able to resolve.
A. My audio no longer works although it worked fine prior to reinstalling
Windows.
B. Any file I dump into the Recycle Bin does not appear in it. It is NOT
set up to automatically delete the file. This was occurring before I
reinstalled Windows.
I am not an IT kind of person but would welcome any help.
1 answer Last reply
More about problems reinstalling windows 2000 professional

    Regarding the first problem:
    When you reinstall windows, you lose all the data on the computer in the
    drive
    containing windows installation, you also lose the device drivers for the
    sound,
    VGA card, modem ...etc so you have to reinstall the device drivers for
    sound card
    so look if you have a CD for the sound card, if you don't have it you
    must look for
    it on the internet, or ask someone who can help you in that, becauce you
    have
    to find the model and the manufecture of the card to find the suitable
    driver.

    Regarding the second problem:
    you can configure the properties of the Recycle bin properties, by
    clicking the
    properties of the Icon on the desktop and then
    1- check the box of ( Display delete confirmation dialog )
    2- Check the box ( Do not move files to the Recycle Bin...)

    Hope you got it. Thanks

    -------------------------------------

    "danw" wrote:

    > I had to reinstall my Windows 2000 Professional operating system on my PC
    > after a virus attack. I have 2 problems I haven't been able to resolve.
    > A. My audio no longer works although it worked fine prior to reinstalling
    > Windows.
    > B. Any file I dump into the Recycle Bin does not appear in it. It is NOT
    > set up to automatically delete the file. This was occurring before I
    > reinstalled Windows.
    > I am not an IT kind of person but would welcome any help.

Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows