Preventing users from closing the Logon Script window

Is there a way to prevent users from closing the logon script window? I
looked into the policy to make the login script invisible but it actually
just makes the commands within the script invisible. The script window
itself is still visible and can be closed by clicking on the X. The policy
is set to invisible by default anyways.

--

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply

    If you want the login script to run invisibly, you'd be better applying it
    to the active directory organisational unit that the users are a member of,
    rather than the individual user themselves.

    I've done that in the past. Although a large login script can cause a delay
    when logging in, it can be helpful if you set the last command to be
    something that the users would use, such as Microsoft Outlook. That would
    then be a visible cue that they were fully logged in.

    Just a suggestion - I'm not Microsoft certified at all.
    "Saucer Man" <saucerman@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to prevent users from closing the logon script window? I
    > looked into the policy to make the login script invisible but it actually
    > just makes the commands within the script invisible. The script window
    > itself is still visible and can be closed by clicking on the X. The
    > policy is set to invisible by default anyways.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Thanks.

    Thanks for that suggestion. So far, I haven't found a way to make it run
    totally invisible.

    --

    Thanks.

    "Ian Henderson" <ianhendersonis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > If you want the login script to run invisibly, you'd be better applying it
    > to the active directory organisational unit that the users are a member
    > of, rather than the individual user themselves.
    >
    > I've done that in the past. Although a large login script can cause a
    > delay when logging in, it can be helpful if you set the last command to be
    > something that the users would use, such as Microsoft Outlook. That would
    > then be a visible cue that they were fully logged in.
    >
    > Just a suggestion - I'm not Microsoft certified at all.
    > "Saucer Man" <saucerman@nospam.net> wrote in message
    >> Is there a way to prevent users from closing the logon script window? I
    >> looked into the policy to make the login script invisible but it actually
    >> just makes the commands within the script invisible. The script window
    >> itself is still visible and can be closed by clicking on the X. The
    >> policy is set to invisible by default anyways.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Thanks.

Policy Microsoft Windows