Preventing users from closing the Logon Script window

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 16, 2005 9:11:08 PM

Is there a way to prevent users from closing the logon script window? I
looked into the policy to make the login script invisible but it actually
just makes the commands within the script invisible. The script window
itself is still visible and can be closed by clicking on the X. The policy
is set to invisible by default anyways.

--

Thanks.
Anonymous

If you want the login script to run invisibly, you'd be better applying it
to the active directory organisational unit that the users are a member of,
rather than the individual user themselves.

I've done that in the past. Although a large login script can cause a delay
when logging in, it can be helpful if you set the last command to be
something that the users would use, such as Microsoft Outlook. That would
then be a visible cue that they were fully logged in.

Just a suggestion - I'm not Microsoft certified at all.
"Saucer Man" <saucerman@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way to prevent users from closing the logon script window? I
> looked into the policy to make the login script invisible but it actually
> just makes the commands within the script invisible. The script window
> itself is still visible and can be closed by clicking on the X. The
> policy is set to invisible by default anyways.
>
> --
>
> Thanks.

Anonymous
May 18, 2005 9:45:11 PM

Thanks for that suggestion. So far, I haven't found a way to make it run
totally invisible.

--

Thanks.

news:D 6b501$o4h$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...