display properties

Arbiter

Distinguished
May 16, 2005

Every time I open the display properties, the wallpaper tab no longer shows
up and windows is no longer displaying my desktop wallpaper. It happened
right after a reboot. I scanned with zonealarm, no viruses, I have lavasoft
ad-aware scan and clear everything it found, I'm not sure if something edited
a registry entry or what, can anyone offer any suggestions?

Check these ones.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/93252.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/93219.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/93254.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/93253.asp

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Arbiter" wrote:
| Every time I open the display properties, the wallpaper tab no longer
shows
| up and windows is no longer displaying my desktop wallpaper. It happened
| right after a reboot. I scanned with zonealarm, no viruses, I have
lavasoft
| ad-aware scan and clear everything it found, I'm not sure if something
edited
| a registry entry or what, can anyone offer any suggestions?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:4AE6486F-F341-4608-997A-59BD75400C8D@microsoft.com,
Arbiter <Arbiter@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Every time I open the display properties, the wallpaper tab no longer
> shows up and windows is no longer displaying my desktop wallpaper. It
> happened right after a reboot. I scanned with zonealarm, no viruses,
> I have lavasoft ad-aware scan and clear everything it found, I'm not
> sure if something edited a registry entry or what, can anyone offer
> any suggestions?

Well, I have a suggestion but I dunno if it's right. <g>

Start > Run > gpedit.msc > enter > user config > admin templates > desktop >
active desktop (and in the desktop section itself) Is there anything amiss
in there? As in has the option to disable changing the desktop been used? A
default wallpaper set? Anything of that sort? I suppose that'd be where I
started my quest...

Galen

Sherlock Holmes