Windows 200 Server terminal server profiles

I cannot add new shortcuts to users desktops. When I put them on the
allusers\desktop on the terminal servers the users do not get the icons. If I
create a new user profile they get the new icons. We use terminal server
profiles but not roaming profiles. Any ideas?

Hi there,
Did you try to place the icons in the Default User profile, desktop
folder?

---------------

"Darrin" wrote:

> I cannot add new shortcuts to users desktops. When I put them on the
> allusers\desktop on the terminal servers the users do not get the icons. If I
> create a new user profile they get the new icons. We use terminal server
> profiles but not roaming profiles. Any ideas?

>> I cannot add new shortcuts to users desktops. When I put them on the
>> allusers\desktop on the terminal servers the users do not get the icons.
>> If I
>> create a new user profile they get the new icons. We use terminal server
>> profiles but not roaming profiles. Any ideas?

This can happen if your system is low on disk space on the boot drive.
Although there may be some space if you look when users log in the size of
the registry changes to accommodate their settings etc leading to loss of
icons. Also have a look at the folder that contains the profiles and see if
there are any profiles marked .BAK, if there is I would suggest that this is
your problem.

HTH's

"Darrin" <Darrin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I cannot add new shortcuts to users desktops. When I put them on the
> allusers\desktop on the terminal servers the users do not get the icons.
If I
> create a new user profile they get the new icons. We use terminal server
> profiles but not roaming profiles. Any ideas?

Have a look in your "Documents and Settings" folder. You probably have
more than one folder for "All Users".

Placing shortcuts into the Default User folder will only
affect users who log on to this PC for the first time ever.
It has no effect on users who have used this machine
before.