DHCP exclamation icon

Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

My DHCP server has this yellow exclamation mark - can anyone tell me what it
means? Recently it almost ran out of IP addresses but Ive increased the size
of the address pool and was expecting the icon to disappear..

Yellow icon is still there.

Thanks for any help,
Grant

Grant wrote:

>My DHCP server has this yellow exclamation mark - can anyone tell me what it
>means? Recently it almost ran out of IP addresses but Ive increased the size
>of the address pool and was expecting the icon to disappear..
>
>Yellow icon is still there.
>
>Thanks for any help,
>Grant

I've never run one, but my first guess would be that it actually Did run
out of address space and overwrote something, screwed up the data. Any
way to check it over, see if everything is ok? Especially look at the
first and last records in there.

--
A sufficiently advanced computer network protective attitude is indistinguishable from paranoia.

mark

Grant,
Browse to the following hyperlink @ Microsoft. It gives an explanation of
the variuos DHCP Console Icons.
Hope this helps.
Mark

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/howitworks/communications/nameadrmgmt/dhcpcons.asp

Mark wrote:

>Grant,
>Browse to the following hyperlink @ Microsoft. It gives an explanation of
>the variuos DHCP Console Icons.
>Hope this helps.
>Mark
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/howitworks/communications/nameadrmgmt/dhcpcons.asp
>
>"Grant" wrote:

So the system believes the database is still nearly exhausted? Needs a
way to fix that. Unless perhaps a reboot does it?

--

Mark wrote:
> Grant,
> Browse to the following hyperlink @ Microsoft. It gives an explanation of
> the variuos DHCP Console Icons.
> Hope this helps.
> Mark
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/howitworks/communications/nameadrmgmt/dhcpcons.asp
>
> "Grant" wrote:
>

>>My DHCP server has this yellow exclamation mark - can anyone tell me what it
>>means? Recently it almost ran out of IP addresses but Ive increased the size
>>of the address pool and was expecting the icon to disappear..
>>
>>Yellow icon is still there.

Amazing. We're no longer using words, just pictures. It's going to
be hard to build a dictionary!

mark

Grant,
If you right-click on your DHCP server icon in the DHCP console and then
click Display Statistics, it will show you the total addresses that it
"thinks" it has and also those in use. It also shows % in use and %
available. Also stopping and then restarting the DHCP service may reset the
icon.
Mark

"Quaestor" wrote:

> Mark wrote:
>
> >Grant,
> >Browse to the following hyperlink @ Microsoft. It gives an explanation of
> >the variuos DHCP Console Icons.
> >Hope this helps.
> >Mark
> >
> >http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/howitworks/communications/nameadrmgmt/dhcpcons.asp
> >
> >"Grant" wrote:
> >

> So the system believes the database is still nearly exhausted? Needs a
> way to fix that. Unless perhaps a reboot does it?
>
> --
> A sufficiently advanced computer network protective attitude is indistinguishable from paranoia.

Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

Excellent link - thanks for that!