Sign in with
Your question

Out Of Curiosity... Rate My System

Last response: in Systems
December 28, 2006 1:14:39 AM

Im Just Curious Of What Pepole Think Of My System Ill Give Full Hardware Details (Id Like To Remind You That Im A Die-Hard AMD Fan So No Core 2 Duo Remarks) If I Forgot Anything Just Ask

Chaintech Zenith VE, Socket 939, PCI-E, Nforce4 Ultra Motherboard
Opteron 175 (2.0GHz Stock) Peltier/Air @ 3.2GHz, 1.55V
2GB DDR 1T, 3-4-4-7@600MHz, 2.9v (4x512Mb Sticks)
Soundblaster Audigy SE 7.1, EAX3
Gigabyte iRAM w/2GB DDR (Used For A 1GB Swapfile And Temp Files)
36GB 15,000RPM Ultra-SCSI320 w/8MB Cache (2x18GB Partitions Virtual Raid-1) 18GB Highly Customized And Tweaked Windows XP x64 Edition Install And Personal Files Partition. 18GB Backup Mirror) On A PCI-E x4 U320 SCSI Controller
2x 80GB Western Digital Special Edition, 7200RPM, 8MB Cache, PATA/100 In RAID-0, Bulk/Application And Game Storage
Evga 8800GTS @600/1600
LG 16x DVD-ROM
HP DVD640 16x DL-DVD Burner w/Lightscribe
Xoxide Acrylic Case w/3x80mm, 3500RPM Blue-LED Fans And 1x 120mm, 3500RPM Blue-LED Fans
Modified\Customized Logitech X-530 5.1 w/Rewired Amp And Retrofitted With An 8" Compitetion Kicker Sub
Modified/Customized Compaq Keyboard (Keys "Edged" With Blue El-Wire, Logo Removed)
Customized/Modified A4Tech Wireless Batteryfree Mouse (Red LEDs Replaced w/Blue LEDs And Skinned Mousepad)
22" Scepter, 1680x1050, .27mm, 5ms. 16:9 Widescreen TFT-LCD Attached Via DVI (HDMI Capable) And 17.3" SiliconGraphics (SGI), 1600x1024, .23mm, 40ms. 16:9 Widescreen TFT-LCD Attached Via DVI-to-VGA Adapter (Due To An Incompatibility Between The Multilink Adapter And DVI Port)
450Watt Accessory + 550Watt System Power Supplys

More about : curiosity rate system

December 28, 2006 1:25:13 AM

i'd give it a 453425435215876.

but seriously, no offence, but what do you expect people to say?
December 28, 2006 1:35:21 AM

how did you get your memory to run at 1T while having 4 sticks of ram?
Related resources
December 28, 2006 1:37:15 AM

wtf is 1T anyway?

you forgot your rating!!!!11!!!!!!1!!!!
December 28, 2006 1:37:43 AM

I think it sounds like a cool system + I like AMD too (some part of me didn't want to get a C2D due to the years of Intel screwing everyone while AMD was actually making good processors).

Jo
December 28, 2006 1:42:47 AM

it's a pretty good system. I got the lg dvd drive! :D  and 4 sticks of ram too :p 
musta cost alot, with all those fast hard drives.
December 28, 2006 1:55:07 AM

6/10
December 28, 2006 2:35:57 AM

It's alright but I bet that CPU burns a ton of energy at 1.55v.
December 28, 2006 2:47:49 AM

You put a car audio sub (kicker at that) in place of a nice logitech home sub?

I think the system is pretty decent. I think the video card is nice, but overpriced atm, and some of the other stuff is pretty nice. Not a big fan of Chaintech though. C2D would easily out perform it in a similar build for less money i bet.
December 28, 2006 2:49:15 AM

I'm a tad confused as why you would take a single 36GB drive, partition it, then do any type of raid on it? (I'm assuming by "virtual raid 1" you mean you've mirrored it at the OS level?) Granted if the OS partition is corrupt then you have a way out, but if the drive dies, you're screwed...

There aren't any performance benefits from doing this, as a matter of fact you'll take a perf hit because the same spindle has to write the data twice, not to mention that there is an OS perf hit for doing software mirroring...

Other than that good box tho!
December 28, 2006 3:07:34 AM

I Just Wanted Opinions, Number Ratings, Hell Even Improvments That Can Be Made, All My friends Seem To Love It Even Those Who Dont Even Know Much Boutem
December 28, 2006 3:12:16 AM

Ive Heard That I Dosent Work Ither, I Tried It An It Worked! How? I Have No Idea
December 28, 2006 3:16:43 AM

The 36GB SCSI Was Only $130.00 New, A Friend Of Mine Whos An IT At A Bank Bought Some New Servers And Replaced The Drives With Larger Ones And Sold Me One Of Them. One Of The WD800s Is From My Last (Athlon XP) System That I Built Late 2001 And The Other My Brother Swiped From Wal-Mart (Dont Ask) About 4 Months Ago.
December 28, 2006 3:26:42 AM

Yes Its Software Raid 1 But The Hit Is Negligable Since The Files That Are Written Often, (Like Things In My Documents, Such As Images From My Digital Camera, Short Video Clips, And Text Documents) Are Reletively Small And Due To The Fact That My Temp Folder And The Swapfile Are On The 2GB iRAM.

And Even If There Is A Drive Falure (Witch I Doubt Since Its A Brand New Fluid Bearing Drive Thats 2 Months Old From The Manufactuing Date) I Keep A
DL-DVD Backup Of My Utmost Important Files.

The Largest Files (Game Lavel Loads, All Other Apps, My "Keepable" Download Storage Folders And Encryped Volume Are All Read From And Written To The WD800s In The Hardware Raid-0 Bulk Storage Array.
December 28, 2006 3:31:46 AM

Yes I Installed The Kicker To Replace The 7" Cardboard Cone Speaker, And The Amp Was Rewired To Up The Wattage Another 50Watts, It Sounds Incredible, The Nieghbors Two Houses Down Complained About Being Able To Hear The Bass
December 28, 2006 3:51:06 AM

Like some guy in the forums uses to say when this happens

Another "How big/hard/wide my e-pennis is?" thread
December 28, 2006 3:55:58 AM

Quote:
Yes Its Software Raid 1 But The Hit Is Negligable Since The Files That Are Written Often, (Like Things In My Documents, Such As Images From My Digital Camera, Short Video Clips, And Text Documents) Are Reletively Small And Due To The Fact That My Temp Folder And The Swapfile Are On The 2GB iRAM.

And Even If There Is A Drive Falure (Witch I Doubt Since Its A Brand New Fluid Bearing Drive Thats 2 Months Old From The Manufactuing Date) I Keep A
DL-DVD Backup Of My Utmost Important Files.

The Largest Files (Game Lavel Loads, All Other Apps, My "Keepable" Download Storage Folders And Encryped Volume Are All Read From And Written To The WD800s In The Hardware Raid-0 Bulk Storage Array.

Just tossing in my two cents man - my job is nothing but storage and its just not something I'd do or recommend....
December 28, 2006 3:57:12 AM

Nah, It Nothing Like That (Thats Funny Though) I Just Wanted Opinion And Suggestions, And Hell Just A General Discussion, I Wish Some Pepole Would Also Post Some Detailed Specifications Here As Well

I Know My System Is The Sh*t But Its Not The Best By A Long Shot, Ive Seen Faster And Better Looking, But Im Sure In My State That Im In The Top 10 Overall Rating... My Last System Was Officially
December 28, 2006 3:59:01 AM

Nah, Its Cool, Just What I Asked For
December 28, 2006 4:37:08 AM

I give your system a 7 out of 10; unfortunately, your grammar is only worth approximately -2.
December 28, 2006 4:56:23 AM

Screamingly excellent 3.2Ghz OC on your Opty!!! 8O 8O 8O My previous rig was an Opty 170 OC'd to 3.0Ghz on a Zalman 9500, but we who are about to blue screen, salute you!!! :D  :D  :D 
December 28, 2006 4:56:56 AM

LOL, Grammer Shmammer Its My Typing That Sucks I End Up Hitting Keys That I Dont Want
December 28, 2006 5:34:10 AM

Quote:
LOL, Grammer Shmammer Its My Typing That Sucks I End Up Hitting Keys That I Dont Want

Cool rig. But if you struggle to use the keyboard; does the rest of the hardware just sit there and accumulate dust?
December 28, 2006 6:16:21 AM

Give yourself a pat on the back, you've reached the unreachable, you've managed the unmanageable, you've built a home computer. wow.

all hail the hella-d.

Ever heard the theory about how males see their cars as the extension of their manhood? I kinda believe it. Most of the time I see someone drive a big-ass SUV, its some small balding fella, whose head won't even reach above the roof of his car when he gets out.

Don't you think the same is happening in the world of hardware?
"Hey, look at me, I feel deficient deep inside, but that's ok, I'll just go brag about this cool PC that I have"

I'm sick of all of your "critique-my-build-how's-this-rig-what-do-you-think-of-my-system-is-my-8800gtx-any-good" posts
December 28, 2006 6:51:16 AM

Um, No, Typing Isnt EVERYTHING. And When I AM Typing Thats What Spell Check Is For.
December 28, 2006 6:54:39 AM

Looks As Though You Have One Of Two Problems.....

1) You Have A Factory POS And You Are Just Jelous

OR

2) Your Home Built Machine Is A POS And You Are Jelous
December 28, 2006 7:10:19 AM

Meh, it's just the capital letter at the beginning of every letter that drives me nuts. That is an excellent OC BTW...
December 28, 2006 7:20:55 AM

I knew you'd say exactly that. Wrong with both suggestions.

Serioulsy. I wouldn't know what to do with a setup like yours, other than heat up my room and inflate my electricity bills )).
I use my PC for downloading from emule and dc++ 24/7. Its quiet, and efficient, and that's all I need from it. Quit gaming when I was in my final year in college. So, I guess my sys could be a POS to some of you, but I'm definitely not jealous. ))
December 28, 2006 9:39:41 PM

Quote:
Meh, it's just the capital letter at the beginning of every letter that drives me nuts. That is an excellent OC BTW...

I'm with this guy! :lol: 
December 28, 2006 10:03:32 PM

Only The First Letter In Every Sentence Should Be Capitalized! Try It, Like This:

It makes your posts some much easier to read when you type like this, As Opposed To This!!

Just remember, opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and thinks it doesn't stink. If I had the money you obviously have, I would have easily went e6600 for sure.
December 28, 2006 10:16:03 PM

Well, Then STOP Flaming Biatch
December 28, 2006 10:18:42 PM

This Sytem Is Just An Upgrade Of The System I Bought And Built In Late 2005
Even If I Were To Build A New System It Would Still Be AMD
December 28, 2006 10:21:41 PM

@ZozZoz : Dude, if you have some deeply rooted emotional issues, there's no reason to take them out on random people. Even if this is an obvious e-peen thread.

If you weren't jealous, you wouldn't be prowling these forums and clicking on threads like these. Makes sense, doesn't it?

I'm gonna go ahead and try to guess your age, judging from the degree of unnecessary sarcasm, hostility and the overall "holier than thou" feeling that emanates from your thread.
Your proficient use of the english language in a somewhat overly eloquent manner indicates that you finished highschool and took some university-level courses, but this happened fairly recently since you still are all too eager to "impress" everyone with your linguistic mastery.

Additonally, you are making several references to having completed University. The only time I remember ever considering this as a potential achievement was in my 1st and 2nd year. Once I graduated, I realized how mundane and ordinary an electical engineering degree really is nowadays. So that, according to me, would put you into the 1st-2nd year of college.

Thus, all indicators point to 20-21.

Was I close?
December 28, 2006 10:33:09 PM

Your writing style makes English teachers cry.
December 28, 2006 10:52:11 PM

holy god.... im like the opposite of hella-d, look, no caps....

ur computer is rly nice, but im only 14 and i can see the flaws in your stupid ass use of ur scsi hdd

and wtf do u want us to rate ur comp, its obviously a 7 on a tough scale...its pretty obvious, with a high end server being a 10, a quad core desktop being a 9, a core2duo (which urs doesnt have) quad/ any rly being an 8, and a shitty ass "opty" oc'ed beyond needs being a 7, just to say "i got my opty to f'in 3.2 ghz

ur comp is nothing special, operates barely, in real world use, faster than one that is thousands less, and now u dont have the money to spend on useful things in ur life, not a piece of shit comp that u have to brag about....

oh, and the 1 out of 10 on that scale would be my comp: a fuckin p3 933mhz 256 ram fx5500 128 megs...with DIAL UP

oh, and whats peltier cooling?
isnt it with electromagnets or something?
im not sure, but id like to learn.
December 29, 2006 5:06:15 AM

Thanx Again
December 29, 2006 5:07:25 AM

Oh Well
December 29, 2006 5:11:01 AM

I Type How I Type, Thats Like Me Insulting Your Driving Skill, What Ever Works, Works Simply Put.... Im Not Changing My Typing Style For You Or Anyone Else (Not Even God) SO STOP BITCHING!

Wadda Ya Gonna Do About It Call The Police And Have Me Arrested For Misuse Of Grammer?
December 29, 2006 5:12:04 AM

WTF???.....That Hasta Be The Most Contradictory Post Ive Ever Seen

And WTF Is With That Last Line? "now u dont have the money to spend on useful things in ur life, not a piece of **** comp that u have to brag about.... " ..... I Make More Money In One Hour Than You Do In A Friggin Week And Its Hard Earned.

And Im Not Bragging Im Comparing... Get A Dictionary And Look It Up

Yet Another Jelous Flaming Biatch
December 29, 2006 5:31:11 AM

no, you weren't.
As for english - it just happens so that when you learn a foreign language, you speak it in a more correct way than natives do (provided you went all the way thru, not just took some courses). That's why i don't make spelling and grammar mistakes, not because i got a degree in English.

27. I'm just a one bitter mofo, that's it )).

that ain't a reason to resort to insults like "biatch". Talk about controlling yourself ))
December 29, 2006 5:36:28 AM

Seen The Video... Very Very Nice Rig! (To Bad Its An Intel But Hey To Each His Own) Mine Dont Look Quite That Good But It Will When My Custom Cube Case Is Competed (Completely Unique And New Design) If My Rig Was SLI (Its Only A Single PCI-E x16 Mobo) Id Enter Mine As Well. May I Ask... What Are Your Total System Specs (Details Please)?

Due To The Looks Id Give Yours An 8/10
December 29, 2006 5:58:23 AM

2 out of 10 because i can't afford that :evil: 
December 29, 2006 6:38:32 AM

Why Do You Cap Every Word? It's pretty f'ing annoying...just like this thread.

I would like a refund for the few minutes of my life I wasted reading it.
December 29, 2006 8:57:48 AM

Oh yeah..

Things to consider next time, when you're gonna pull that "let me guess your age, and make you feel ashamed of being too young" move:

Its not how much time you spent in a restaurant, its how much you ate that counts.
In simple words: simply maintaining your body alive for a long period of time, does not quite count as an achievement )).

Peace 2 ya'all, and happy new year.
December 29, 2006 9:26:09 AM

Fishing for compliments is such an endearing quality.
December 29, 2006 3:44:25 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah..

Things to consider next time, when you're gonna pull that "let me guess your age, and make you feel ashamed of being too young" move:

Its not how much time you spent in a restaurant, its how much you ate that counts.
In simple words: simply maintaining your body alive for a long period of time, does not quite count as an achievement )).

Peace 2 ya'all, and happy new year.

I'm glad you've been eating a lot.

Ne podavis.
December 30, 2006 3:10:51 AM

Your System = 6/10

You personality = -1/10

Your posts are terribly hard to read.
January 1, 2007 4:09:05 PM

holy god, annoy me so much, with ur f'ing "i just drank 10 cups of coffee" posts, ur comp is def one of the better consumer ones, but its not like having that great of a comp is gonna improve ur life, so just get a comfortably adequate one, save your "hard earned money", and chill out niggaz
]

(.)Y(.)
January 1, 2007 4:36:24 PM

Wow, only the 2nd page, and this thread is on a fast track to wasteland.

Nice rig though 7/10 :wink:
!