2003 hangs on "Applying computer settings"

Hi all,
My exchange box stopped working last night and I cant get it working again.

It stalls on the "Applying computer settings" part of boot up. The little
bar keeps scrolling accross so the machine is trying to do something.

I have disabled, Backup Exec Services in safe mode, Anti Virus disabled too.
Checked the DNS in safe mode, changed to another DNS server which it can
ping. Changed the DNS back to local address, (Its a DC and DNS server as
well) and changed it to 127.0.0.1.

Any ideas would be really great,
Regards,
James.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Will it boot with the network cable unplugged?

"James Kirwan" <JamesKirwan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> My exchange box stopped working last night and I cant get it working
> again.
>
> It stalls on the "Applying computer settings" part of boot up. The little
> bar keeps scrolling accross so the machine is trying to do something.
>
> I have disabled, Backup Exec Services in safe mode, Anti Virus disabled
> too.
> Checked the DNS in safe mode, changed to another DNS server which it can
> ping. Changed the DNS back to local address, (Its a DC and DNS server as
> well) and changed it to 127.0.0.1.
>
> Any ideas would be really great,
> Regards,
> James.

IT does, same as with the cable plugged in, about 2 hrs to get to the ctrl
alt del screen and when the username and pword entered another two hours to
log in.