Autoplay in Windows 2000

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,

Is there someone who can tell me how to activate Autoplay in Windows 2000?
(It's easy in XP, but in W-2000 clearly different)
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Eric

"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> Hi,
>
> Is there someone who can tell me how to activate Autoplay in Windows 2000?
> (It's easy in XP, but in W-2000 clearly different)
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

From desktop:

* Start-menu -> run
* Write "mmc" -> [ok]
* Hit Ctrl+M
* Click the add button down left
* Select Group policy and click the add button
* a whole lot of buttons to click to access the main window (named
consol...)
* Navigate through the tree into: computer configuration \ admin.. templates
\ system
* doubleclick on "deactivate autoplay".
* Set this to deactivated

I have translated from norwegian, therefor some words may be incorrect.

"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there someone who can tell me how to activate Autoplay in Windows
> 2000?
> (It's easy in XP, but in W-2000 clearly different)
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

Start
Run
<type>
gpedit.msc
click OK

<group policy window opens>

navigate to

Computer Configuration
Administrative Templates
System

right hand pane option
Disable Autoplay

double click on this option and set it to Disabled

odd wording I know but you're disabling the disable :S :)

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk