can't access server from network

Lui

Distinguished
May 18, 2005

Hi,
I just installed a w2k server with sp4 as a member server to the existing
domain. I had some share folder in the server but when I want to retrieve
those folder through 'Network places', the system give me the error "The
server is not configured for transactions" when I click on the server name.
Funny thing is I can access the folder through 'Run' command. I try to seach
the Microsoft knowledge base but cannot find any answer. Is anyone there can
help me on this ?

"Lui" <Lui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I just installed a w2k server with sp4 as a member server to the existing
> domain. I had some share folder in the server but when I want to retrieve
> those folder through 'Network places', the system give me the error "The
> server is not configured for transactions" when I click on the server
name.
> Funny thing is I can access the folder through 'Run' command. I try to
seach
> the Microsoft knowledge base but cannot find any answer. Is anyone there
can
> help me on this ?

This might help:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842715