cozwin

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2006
Ok bought few new things for my system and now pondering on how much i can overclock it too.

Cpu - Core2duo E6300
Motherboard - Gigabyte 945P-S3
Memory - 2x 512 Corsair Corsair TwinX XMS2, DDR2 PC5400 CAS 4-4-4-12
Graphics - Palit 7600 Gs Sonic
Cooling - Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro.

So any ideas on what i should get?

meljor

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
what you should get? get a life.... and an overclock...........instead of talking about it.

so many people have that cpu and board, by now you should know what to get and what to do to get there.

but this is what it`s all about isn`t it? so here we go: nice rig.

cozwin

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2006
rofl i see somones on there period, look if you aint got anything smart or helpful to post then dont post you just make yourself look a dick.

cozwin

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2006
from what i know not on this motheroard it hasent and i dont want to start a arguement so, lets just let somone else answer ok

CompuTronix

Intel Master
I just posted this on another one of these OC thread, so here ya go...

Every silicon semiconductor device is unique, and has different basic properties of electronics such as resistance, capacitance, inductance, impedance, and transconductance. Although two consecutive serial number CPU's from the same fabrication, with the same stepping codes, may appear identical, they're yielded from different location on the silicon wafer from which they're manufactured, and like diamonds, each has it's own unique flaws.

Even though their dynamic operational characteristics may be very similar, no two CPU's will overclock to exactly the same stable maximum speed, at the same voltage, at the same temperature. Additionally, in a dual core processor, one core will always become unstable before the other. My 6600 is at 1.5125 vCore for stable operation with 52c full load at 3.7Ghz. I consider this to be the extreme vCore and temp limits.

Hopefully you've got a clean CPU that will be a good overclocker, but you won't be able to predict your OC until you actually try it out. You should be able to reach at least 3.0Ghz, but the FSB ceiling of your motherboard will be very critical limiting factor with only a 7x multiplier.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your OC! :D