Recovering a Backup from Tape options

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 18, 2005 6:33:07 AM

Hi,
I have a Windows 2000 PC that was using the Windows Backup to back up data
onto a HP Colorado 8GB tape drive.
I need to restore the data back off the tape, but during the restore
process, it gets to the just after it has asked for the correct tape and the
initial status bar goes to full, it asks me to look at the Removable Storage
MMCas there is a problem.
It does not specify what the problem is, and the MMC console gives no clues
either, not does event viewer.
Is there any way I can get access to my data?
Is there a way I can copy the data from the tape to the hard drive (as the
backup file or the restored files?)
Thanks.
Rob.

--
MCSE 2000
Anonymous

"Robert OConnell1" wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a Windows 2000 PC that was using the Windows Backup to
> back up data
> onto a HP Colorado 8GB tape drive.
> I need to restore the data back off the tape, but during the
> restore
> process, it gets to the just after it has asked for the
> correct tape and the
> initial status bar goes to full, it asks me to look at the
> Removable Storage
> MMCas there is a problem.
> It does not specify what the problem is, and the MMC console
> gives no clues
> either, not does event viewer.
> Is there any way I can get access to my data?
> Is there a way I can copy the data from the tape to the hard
> drive (as the
> backup file or the restored files?)
> Thanks.
> Rob.
>

> --
> MCSE 2000

Normally, if the removable storage error is coming up, it’s because
the drive has gone offline or something like that.

Check the removable storage to see if the drive is online. If it’s
not, reboot the system, recheck that it’s online again before starting
the restore.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Recover...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1217658
!