corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Ok, i've been away from the forumz and computer stuff in general for about a month. So yesterday i began to order the comp i picked out before and i only had to change the video card, since the 8800gts was the same price as the 1950xtx i was planning on. But anyway, i ordered an asus crosshair also. But then i look today and see this striker mobo with 680i or something.

My question is wheter this is a new chipset i haven't heard of or whatever. Because i thought the 590 was the best, thats whats on the crosshair. Anyway, i'm really confused, and hoping i didn't jip myself lol :wink:

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
On the Intel platform, the 680i is the new king of the house when it comes to overclocking and performance, while also supporting SLI. The Crosshair however is an AM2 board, and as far as I know, the 680i is not available on the AM2 platform yet. Why you'd get an AMD CPU right now though, I do not know. :?

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
On the Intel platform, the 680i is the new king of the house when it comes to overclocking and performance, while also supporting SLI. The Crosshair however is an AM2 board, and as far as I know, the 680i is not available on the AM2 platform yet. Why you'd get an AMD CPU right now though, I do not know. :?

I bought the cpu like last month when it was on sale. i got the x2 3800 EE for $159 CAD. Thats pretty good, considering the e6300 was like $220 at least. Plus i want future upgradeability, which AMD offers.

TRENDING THREADS