I have stock cooking cuz my sythe infinite doesnt fit in my case =/

i have a

xeon 3060 revision b2
evga 680i
Corsair XMS dominator ram

ZozZoz

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
Umm, that's good to know, but, what is your question, and what kinda help do you need? Picking a case that will accomodate the infinity?

NoBudgetMan

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Remember that the Xeon 3060 "Conroe" is quite basically a Core 2 Duo E6600 "Conroe" with a Xeon slapped on it. It's pretty much the same as a C2D E6600.

Look for articles for the E6600 on 680i to get help; it's the same thing.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Every silicon semiconductor device is unique, and has different basic properties of electronics such as resistance, capacitance, inductance, impedance, and transconductance. Although two consecutive serial number CPU's from the same fabrication, with the same stepping codes, may appear identical, they come from different location on the silicon wafer from which they're manufactured, and like diamonds, each has it's own unique flaws.

Even though their dynamic operational characteristics may be very similar, no two CPU's will overclock to exactly the same stable maximum speed, at the same voltage, at the same temperature. Additionally, in a dual core processor, one core will always become unstable before the other. My Conroe is at 1.5125 vCore for stable operation with 52c full load at 3.7Ghz. I consider this to be the extreme vCore and temp limits.

Xeons are yielded from cleaner areas off the same wafer material as desktop CPU's, so they're binned for stability at lower voltages. Consequently, this allows operation at lower temperatures per clock than desktop CPU's, which is an important consideration for servers. Fortunately for the rest of us, this also makes them the best overclockers.

Hopefully you've received a clean CPU that will be a good overclocker, but you won't be able to predict your OC until you actually try it out. You should be able to reach at least 3.2Ghz, but the FSB ceiling of your motherboard will be critical with a 9x multiplier.

Hope this helps. Good luck! :D

TRENDING THREADS