how to add user to group

How through the command prompt do i add a user that logs on from the domain
to the local administrators group.

ok i have been messing around and figured out how to do it. I create a batch
file so when the user logs on it will add them to the admin group then it
will delete the batch file. But my only problem is when the user logs on for
the first time and the batch file executes the user does not have permissions
to add himself to the admin group. Anyone have any ideas

"sthompson" wrote:

> How through the command prompt do i add a user that logs on from the domain
> to the local administrators group.

ok another thing that message that i sayed i got about do not have
permissions to add myselft to the admin group of the local computer. When i
log on as anyone else for the first time it works for them.

"sthompson" <sthompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok i have been messing around and figured out how to do it. I create a
batch
> file so when the user logs on it will add them to the admin group then it
> will delete the batch file. But my only problem is when the user logs on
for
> the first time and the batch file executes the user does not have
permissions
> to add himself to the admin group. Anyone have any ideas
>
> "sthompson" wrote:
>
> > How through the command prompt do i add a user that logs on from the
domain
> > to the local administrators group.

Common sense says that only an administrator can authorise
a user to join the local administrator's group. If anyone could
join this group then there would be no security!

You can do this remotely (i.e. from your own PC) by using
psexec.exe (www.sysinternals.com).