Sign in with
Your question

PCI VGA hanging at Startup!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 28, 2006 4:59:55 AM

Dear Friends,
Im new here, ths my first post. I have 3 PCs Compaq EP Series PIII 500 with no AGP. all 3 onboard VGA are faulty but works with PCI VGA Cards. I hav purchsed 3 PCI VGAs 1-S3 and 2 Creative Labs(CT6610). with CT6610 the PC starts and hangs on VGA bios screen showing "Creative Graphics blaster" and a vertical line. but they work fine with other PCs (chkd with anthr PIII 550 with transend mbot). I updated the COMPAQ bios to the latest as well(v3.10). but no help. there are no updates avail on Creative.com for this card
--posted to motherboards.org also but no sugg except bios upgrade

Could you guys help me on this as i hv purchsd the 2 cards on behalf of my workplace and they r not ready to return it as no warranty for used cards.
thanks in advance
a b U Graphics card
December 28, 2006 10:45:42 AM

Go in the Bios and set the graphics card to PCI instead of Onboard.
To go into the Bios usually you press Delete, F1 or F2.
The video cable must be hooked up to the PCI card and the onboard video must be disabled in the Bios.
December 30, 2006 8:58:18 AM

That method did not work. i have tried it before posting the prob here. and this bios allows to disable onboard VGA only or change it IRQ. there is no option to select PCI in bios. the mobot automatically detects that there is a PCI VGA sitting and avoid output to onboard VGA. I have another 15 HP bro 550PIII PCS with no AGP and this card works fine in that as well. the prob is only with COMPAQ EP.
Any other solution is still most welcome friends
!