Keyboard Saitek PZ30AU Black - $44.99
Mouse Razer Diamondback Acid Green 1600 dpi - $39.99

Sub-Total $1355.93
Shipping $24.57
Rebates -$65
-------------------------
Total w/out rebates $1380.50
Total $1315.50

Ok Ok I have posted something like this before but I have changed my setup a bit. I chaged the motherboard, gpu, cd/dvd, Mouse, and keyboard. I have been wondering if these are the best buys I can have. I want to keep the price in the same range $1400 WITHOUT REBATES. I also want to know if I could do better and averything is worth it. I am also not getting a 8800 because I need vivo and will get something better in a year or two. I think I have a great setup. I was hoping to make in just about right now but I need $400 more dollars. Just 6 more weeks and I can have it. Thank you all for your help.

Also I already have a case, and will by other addons afterwards. Like h/f, fans, this vent thing, and fan controler. Moniters will come soon after these as well.

knowsitall

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
gigabyte board 135$ this board is 100$ cheaper. since you are not running sli and plan on upgrading in a few years why get a sli board??.. the 6600 will be sweet and with the 100$ u saved on the motherboard put it twards a 8800gts.. otherwise everything else looks nice to me.. even though the motherboard u got now is good.. i would go with the 135$ gigabyte and put the 100$ saved from the gigabyte towards the 8800gts.. that would bring u to 350.. and all u would need is another 50$ for a 8800gts which would blow away ur current setup for 50$ more

Dr_Dmoney

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
NO NO NO You don't understand. I don't want a 8800 and If I did I would get the more expensive one. The reason is like I said before is because no VIVO. I must have it for my HD-Video Capturing. In a few years I won't go Sli or Nvida for that matter. I am goig to stick with ATI nomater what, (Unless they really suck). Yeah and for me I want a very good motherboard for now and not the standard. I will spend more now on something now so I can upgrade other things with it. I am sticking with the board I have their is no way I will change it. Also having the best gaming rig isn't whaty I want. I want well defined power in terms of all my products I have chosen. My mobo is one of the best, ram, Cpu, and infact my X1950pro is a great card. I just can't stand when you have a lower end product with a high end product. The gigabyte board and the 8800. They are so not for each other where on the other hand my specs are built with this in mind. Equalness. Even though I could have a better setup I want to stay in the best area for me. This is also going to be a gaming and school working machine. I will do lots of video editing and other apps on it. I can't wait to build this machine soon. Hope for more debating

knowsitall

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
NO NO NO You don't understand. I don't want a 8800 and If I did I would get the more expensive one. The reason is like I said before is because no VIVO. I must have it for my HD-Video Capturing. In a few years I won't go Sli or Nvida for that matter. I am goig to stick with ATI nomater what, (Unless they really suck). Yeah and for me I want a very good motherboard for now and not the standard. I will spend more now on something now so I can upgrade other things with it. I am sticking with the board I have their is no way I will change it. Also having the best gaming rig isn't whaty I want. I want well defined power in terms of all my products I have chosen. My mobo is one of the best, ram, Cpu, and infact my X1950pro is a great card. I just can't stand when you have a lower end product with a high end product. The gigabyte board and the 8800. They are so not for each other where on the other hand my specs are built with this in mind. Equalness. Even though I could have a better setup I want to stay in the best area for me. This is also going to be a gaming and school working machine. I will do lots of video editing and other apps on it. I can't wait to build this machine soon. Hope for more debating

ok man u seem to know what you want i dont know why ur askin for help then

HDDFreak

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
If you aren't gaming that much, and if you are gaming a bit anyway, the 1950pro 512mb isn't really worth it unless it only costs a few $ more. Unless of course, it is the only 1950pro with vivo. If you are doing video editing, maybe you should think about a raptor drive. Of course that will probably put you over budget, but that's my 5 cents. However, i'm inclined to agree with KnowsItAll, you do seem to know what you want, so whatever you end up with, good luck.

lotussama

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
I'm going to critique a weird part of the build - the mouse.

If you can swing it, move up to the copperhead. It's what I use. I had a diamondback before this, and the copperhead just beats it hands-down. Mine's even green, too. :)