Closing dial-up connection using ICS

January 21, 2005 11:42:17 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Help on ICS tells me that the Internet connection using ICS may be
initialised AND CLOSED by the machine which does not have the direct
connection to the internet. I have NEVER found any way of doing this.
Can anyone point me in that direction? Thanks
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 11:42:18 AM

Gordon wrote:
> Help on ICS tells me that the Internet connection using ICS may be
> initialised AND CLOSED by the machine which does not have the direct
> connection to the internet. I have NEVER found any way of doing this.
> Can anyone point me in that direction? Thanks

http://www.twiga.ltd.uk/rdu.asp

enjoy!

Ron
January 21, 2005 2:18:44 PM

Ron Joiner wrote:
> Gordon wrote:
>
>> Help on ICS tells me that the Internet connection using ICS may be
>> initialised AND CLOSED by the machine which does not have the direct
>> connection to the internet. I have NEVER found any way of doing this.
>> Can anyone point me in that direction? Thanks
>

> http://www.twiga.ltd.uk/rdu.asp
>
> enjoy!
>
> Ron
Thanks very much for that! I wish I'd seen this two years ago!
January 23, 2005 5:54:07 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

In article <#V3K0j5$EHA.464@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, Gordon
<gordonbp1@yahoo.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>Help on ICS tells me that the Internet connection using ICS may be
>initialised AND CLOSED by the machine which does not have the direct
>connection to the internet. I have NEVER found any way of doing this.
>Can anyone point me in that direction? Thanks

If the other machine runs Windows 98/Me/XP, run XP's Network Setup
Wizard on the other machine to install software that monitors and
controls the ICS host's Internet connection. I've written some web
pages with details:

XP ICS - Client Setup Using the Network Setup Wizard
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/clie...

XP ICS - Internet Gateway
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/inte...

Otherwise, use Twiga's "Remote Disconnection Utility", as Ron
suggested.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
January 23, 2005 1:58:44 PM

Steve Winograd [MVP] wrote:
> In article <#V3K0j5$EHA.464@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, Gordon
> <gordonbp1@yahoo.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Help on ICS tells me that the Internet connection using ICS may be
>>initialised AND CLOSED by the machine which does not have the direct
>>connection to the internet. I have NEVER found any way of doing this.
>>Can anyone point me in that direction? Thanks
>

> If the other machine runs Windows 98/Me/XP, run XP's Network Setup
> Wizard on the other machine to install software that monitors and
> controls the ICS host's Internet connection. I've written some web
> pages with details:
>
> XP ICS - Client Setup Using the Network Setup Wizard
> http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/clie...
>
> XP ICS - Internet Gateway
> http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/inte...

Many thanks for the information - I'll give it a try.

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and