Closing dial-up connection using ICS

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Help on ICS tells me that the Internet connection using ICS may be
initialised AND CLOSED by the machine which does not have the direct
connection to the internet. I have NEVER found any way of doing this.
Can anyone point me in that direction? Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about closing dial connection
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Gordon wrote:
    > Help on ICS tells me that the Internet connection using ICS may be
    > initialised AND CLOSED by the machine which does not have the direct
    > connection to the internet. I have NEVER found any way of doing this.
    > Can anyone point me in that direction? Thanks

    http://www.twiga.ltd.uk/rdu.asp

    enjoy!

    Ron
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Ron Joiner wrote:
    > Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> Help on ICS tells me that the Internet connection using ICS may be
    >> initialised AND CLOSED by the machine which does not have the direct
    >> connection to the internet. I have NEVER found any way of doing this.
    >> Can anyone point me in that direction? Thanks
    >

    > http://www.twiga.ltd.uk/rdu.asp
    >
    > enjoy!
    >
    > Ron
    Thanks very much for that! I wish I'd seen this two years ago!
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    In article <#V3K0j5$EHA.464@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, Gordon
    <gordonbp1@yahoo.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
    >Help on ICS tells me that the Internet connection using ICS may be
    >initialised AND CLOSED by the machine which does not have the direct
    >connection to the internet. I have NEVER found any way of doing this.
    >Can anyone point me in that direction? Thanks

    If the other machine runs Windows 98/Me/XP, run XP's Network Setup
    Wizard on the other machine to install software that monitors and
    controls the ICS host's Internet connection. I've written some web
    pages with details:

    XP ICS - Client Setup Using the Network Setup Wizard
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/clientwiz.htm

    XP ICS - Internet Gateway
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/internetgateway.htm

    Otherwise, use Twiga's "Remote Disconnection Utility", as Ron
    suggested.
    --
    Best Wishes,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Steve Winograd [MVP] wrote:
    > In article <#V3K0j5$EHA.464@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, Gordon
    > <gordonbp1@yahoo.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >>Help on ICS tells me that the Internet connection using ICS may be
    >>initialised AND CLOSED by the machine which does not have the direct
    >>connection to the internet. I have NEVER found any way of doing this.
    >>Can anyone point me in that direction? Thanks
    >

    > If the other machine runs Windows 98/Me/XP, run XP's Network Setup
    > Wizard on the other machine to install software that monitors and
    > controls the ICS host's Internet connection. I've written some web
    > pages with details:
    >
    > XP ICS - Client Setup Using the Network Setup Wizard
    > http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/clientwiz.htm
    >
    > XP ICS - Internet Gateway
    > http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/internetgateway.htm

    Many thanks for the information - I'll give it a try.

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and

Microsoft Internet Connection Dial Up Connection Windows XP