Background recording?

Hi all...

Have a son who helps himself to the drinks cabinet, he's 15 and
denied all knowledge! Is there a programme out there to secretly record from
the webcam to disk without him knowing?
His face when I show the footage will be a picture, and enable us to
start talking about this....

Cheers!

Pharm..
11 answers Last reply
More about background recording

    "Pharmanaut" <les.frontalclaire@lobesvirgin.net> wrote in message news:3iktphFlsknrU1@individual.net...
    > Hi all...
    >
    > Have a son who helps himself to the drinks cabinet, he's 15 and
    > denied all knowledge! Is there a programme out there to secretly record from
    > the webcam to disk without him knowing?
    > His face when I show the footage will be a picture, and enable us to
    > start talking about this....

    The free HomeSentinel webcam software available at
    http://bobday.vze.com might suit your purpose.

    -- Bob Day

    "Bob Day" <bobday.nh@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > "Pharmanaut" <les.frontalclaire@lobesvirgin.net> wrote in message
    >> Hi all...
    >>
    >> Have a son who helps himself to the drinks cabinet, he's 15 and
    >> denied all knowledge! Is there a programme out there to secretly record
    >> from the webcam to disk without him knowing?
    >> His face when I show the footage will be a picture, and enable us to
    >> start talking about this....
    >
    > The free HomeSentinel webcam software available at
    > http://bobday.vze.com might suit your purpose.
    >
    > -- Bob Day

    Nearly Bob! The motion sensor is a good idea, but it seems to want to
    upload the output. Can't seem to get it to save it to disk, no option for
    it... I have no need for email alerts, remote viewing, just covert webcam
    video to disk with a motion sensor..

    still enmeshed in a ream of google results too..

    Pharm.

    "Pharmanaut" <les.frontalclaire@lobesvirgin.net> wrote in message news:3il1lsFlnupjU1@individual.net...

    > "Bob Day" <bobday.nh@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> "Pharmanaut" <les.frontalclaire@lobesvirgin.net> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all...
    >>>
    >>> Have a son who helps himself to the drinks cabinet, he's 15 and
    >>> denied all knowledge! Is there a programme out there to secretly record
    >>> from the webcam to disk without him knowing?
    >>> His face when I show the footage will be a picture, and enable us to
    >>> start talking about this....
    >>
    >> The free HomeSentinel webcam software available at
    >> http://bobday.vze.com might suit your purpose.
    >>
    >> -- Bob Day
    >>

    > Nearly Bob! The motion sensor is a good idea, but it seems to want to
    > upload the output. Can't seem to get it to save it to disk, no option for
    > it...

    Perhaps I should implement that option. Possibly, your ISP provides
    some free personal website space that you could upload the
    HomeSentinel FTP output to.

    -- Bob Day
    http://bobday.vze.com

    >> Nearly Bob! The motion sensor is a good idea, but it seems to want to
    >> upload the output. Can't seem to get it to save it to disk, no option for
    >> it...
    >
    > Perhaps I should implement that option. Possibly, your ISP provides
    > some free personal website space that you could upload the
    > HomeSentinel FTP output to.
    >
    > -- Bob Day
    > http://bobday.vze.com

    The ideal would be to set up cam, start motion sensor, then when
    triggered record video until motion stops, save it to disk in a pre arranged
    folder for later viewing, all in "Stealth Mode"......

    Pharm..
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    http://www.homewatcher.com

    (v1.5 build 0128 is what I use)

    Will save images and time lapse video to your HD - although there is no
    method of making it "invisible" if your son decided he wanted to get on the
    PC to see what all was running. Good luck.

    --
    Visit My Site: http://www.rubbertoe.com
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    How about Crime Catcher?

    http://www.crime-catcher.com/
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Tried Poison?

    :-)

    --

    PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR

    "Pharmanaut" <les.frontalclaire@lobesvirgin.net> wrote in message
    > Hi all...
    >
    > Have a son who helps himself to the drinks cabinet, he's 15 and
    > denied all knowledge! Is there a programme out there to secretly record
    from
    > the webcam to disk without him knowing?
    > His face when I show the footage will be a picture, and enable us to
    > start talking about this....
    >
    > Cheers!
    >
    > Pharm..

  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    "PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR" <news@cutmeukjay.com> wrote in message
    > Tried Poison?
    >
    > :-)

    Thought of that at birth but the midwife fought me off! ;o)

    --
    Remove Frontal Lobes to reply.

    "...The people can always be brought to the bidding of the
    leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being
    attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and
    exposing the country to greater danger "

    -- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

    - Benjamin Franklin, 1759
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    :-)

    Yes a bit like going and enquiring about an abortion, and then been asked
    age of child and answering "15yrs"

    :-)

    Ok stick with the webcam Pharm

    --

    PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR

    > "PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR" <news@cutmeukjay.com> wrote in message
    > > Tried Poison?
    > >
    > > :-)
    > >

    > Thought of that at birth but the midwife fought me off! ;o)
    >

    > --
    > Remove Frontal Lobes to reply.
    >
    > "...The people can always be brought to the bidding of the
    > leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being
    > attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and
    > exposing the country to greater danger "
    >
    > -- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
    >
    > "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
    > temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    >
    > - Benjamin Franklin, 1759

  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Steve Kraus wrote:
    > How about Crime Catcher?
    >
    > http://www.crime-catcher.com/

    Or maybe Gotcha!

    http://www.gotchanow.com/
  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Tried WatcherForYou?
    You can download it from http://www.comctech.com and run it in "Stealth
    mode"(hotkeys: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+h to hide, Ctrl+Alt+Shift+s to show).
    Before you run it, just make sure that you uncheck Siren alarm with
    Configure window since it's enabled by default. Good luck!

Webcams Peripherals