License Logging Service

we are running 3 w2k server boxes, and we're are getting the dreaded "out of
licenses" error message, when we know for darn sure that we have more than we
need. What (if any) are the consequences of just stopping and disabling the
license logging service, and not worrying about it?

Thanks!

What (if any) are the consequences of just stopping and disabling the
> license logging service, and not worrying about it?

There are two that I can think of:

If audited you are assumed to be in per seat/per device mode

It stops all those error messages.

Stop and disable the license logging service. It was an afterthought add-on
put there to "help" the administrator keep track of licenses. It hasn't
worked form the NT 4.0 days.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Bruce D" <BruceD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> we are running 3 w2k server boxes, and we're are getting the dreaded "out
> of
> licenses" error message, when we know for darn sure that we have more than
> we
> need. What (if any) are the consequences of just stopping and disabling
> the
> license logging service, and not worrying about it?
>
> Thanks!

Well, we _are_ in per-seat mode, and I _don't_ want those @#$%&! messages.
Thanks!